5.0 out of 5 stars Need Audio CDs?
The audio CD which accompanies this book is ISBN 0340958928

Teach Yourself Panjabi
Published on 12 Oct 2009 by flyinghyphen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good
It looks like this course was initially written by someone who knows the language and then reworked by someone who does not. It is not consistent, there are overlaps, and contradictions. It is very difficult to follow and has left me with too many unanswered questions. I am now using another book, actually two other courses. I would not recommend this course to anyone.
Published on 16 Feb 2006 by jana hanson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 16 Feb 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Formal formal formal, 19 Aug 2013
I have tried out some of the phrases in this book and have been told that the language is very formal and not on par with that actually used in everyday use. For example, I may as well be asking you in this day and age : 'may I purchase a bus ticket kind sir?'

3.0 out of 5 stars The best there is... of not a lot!, 28 Oct 2009
I purchased this set with the aim of improving my spoken Punjabi language skills as an occasional but not infrequent visitor to India. Overall it's quite clear and well-presented in terms of thematic sections and exercises, but I felt there was more focus on Gurmakhi script (written Punjabi) than on spoken language which was less helpful for my own purposes.

It would've been more useful to have more space and time devoted to useful phrases and conversational Punjabi rather than involving so much that was writing based. That said, it's fine for those studying Punjabi in terms of formal language study and indeed is far superior to many of the other (somewhat aged) books on the subject that are currently in print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need Audio CDs?, 12 Oct 2009
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The audio CD which accompanies this book is ISBN 0340958928

Teach Yourself Panjabi

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 14 Sep 2006
Raj (Reading, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
The Synopsis is utter crap. It tells you that you will learn so much, but what it doesn't tell you is that if you buy the audio cd as I did, then without the book its completely useless.

It refers to pages in the book and assumes you are working from it. It asks you to say things that it has assumed you have learnt from the book.

I was confused most of the way through, as I wanted it to learn in the car - not likely.

Dont buy it, its rubbish.

Teach Yourself Panjabi Book/CD Pack (Teach Yourself Complete Courses)
Used & New from: 30.00