on 16 February 2006
It looks like this course was initially written by someone who knows the language and then reworked by someone who does not. It is not consistent, there are overlaps, and contradictions. It is very difficult to follow and has left me with too many unanswered questions. I am now using another book, actually two other courses. I would not recommend this course to anyone.
on 28 October 2009
I purchased this set with the aim of improving my spoken Punjabi language skills as an occasional but not infrequent visitor to India. Overall it's quite clear and well-presented in terms of thematic sections and exercises, but I felt there was more focus on Gurmakhi script (written Punjabi) than on spoken language which was less helpful for my own purposes.

It would've been more useful to have more space and time devoted to useful phrases and conversational Punjabi rather than involving so much that was writing based. That said, it's fine for those studying Punjabi in terms of formal language study and indeed is far superior to many of the other (somewhat aged) books on the subject that are currently in print.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 October 2009
The audio CD which accompanies this book is ISBN 0340958928

Teach Yourself Panjabi
on 19 August 2013
I have tried out some of the phrases in this book and have been told that the language is very formal and not on par with that actually used in everyday use. For example, I may as well be asking you in this day and age : 'may I purchase a bus ticket kind sir?'
on 14 September 2006
The Synopsis is utter crap. It tells you that you will learn so much, but what it doesn't tell you is that if you buy the audio cd as I did, then without the book its completely useless.

It refers to pages in the book and assumes you are working from it. It asks you to say things that it has assumed you have learnt from the book.

I was confused most of the way through, as I wanted it to learn in the car - not likely.

Dont buy it, its rubbish.
on 13 February 2015