5.0 out of 5 stars "Do It Tomorrow"--Brilliant!!
Mark Forster's new book, "Do it Tomorrow", is quite likely the only book you'll ever need to manage your time and your life (I should know--I've read most of the others!)

From closed lists to the manana principle, Mark's thinking is infused with clarity, applicability and a deep knowledge of human nature gleaned from his years of hands-on experience in...
Published on 23 Aug 2006 by Manoj Vijayan

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much `fool yourself' mind theory waffle and not enough useful 'How to' tips
You could skip pages 1-108 and not really miss very much at all!

The author has some good tips and ideas to pass on, but unfortunately spends far too many pages presenting his theories on the way we think and feel; the side of our brain that plans versus the side that reacts; how to get one to fool the other.

There seems to be a laborious amount of...
Published on 21 April 2008 by Mr. P. Stewkesbury

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good System, 7 May 2010
This review is from: Do it Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time Management (Paperback)
The principle behind this book is fairly simple and to be honest when I first looked at it I wondered how it could work. However, after reading the book I grasped the concept and have started to implement the concepts in my daily routine.

It works, and is simple enough for most people to implement.

Quite an easy read.

I would recommend to anyone like me that just feels there is never enough time in the day and you just never get to the end of your to-do list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it Now!!!, 20 Nov 2009
Asw Moffat "moffmeister" (North Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
this is a brilliant book - IT WORKS!! I've just read the book for the second time (after lapsing to norm last time) and in conjunction with the Autofocus system (from Mark Forster's website) and a few enhancements/modifications of my own I'm back on track - this book is so easy to read (i.e. read this first before GTD!) Go on buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book! changed the way i live and work!, 12 Sep 2009
H. Todd "Monkey" (London) - See all my reviews
I cannot recommend this book highly enough it is brilliant if you feel overwhelmed by your work / life. It describes the ways in which we work and how we can organise ourselves so easily to make life less stressful, it's an incredibly simple system but hugely effective!!!

You read the title and think you can just put things off but it is just about how to organise things better and not panic that every thing needs immediate attention.

The book offers great ways to test yourself on what you are reading and learning and gives you exercises to do at work and at home which is why it is so great as i think any practical advice on how to make these theories work is exactly what you need with this type of book.

Definitely 5 stars all round!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do It Tomorrow means I now get it done., 11 Sep 2009
I haven't read many other books on time management so can't really compare this approach with others, although I have checked out GTD on the internet and it strikes me as cumbersome. This approach is obviously great for a number of people but wouldn't work for me.

Do it tomorrow is the complete opposite. It is very simple and challenges a number of ways of thinking that I had considered logical. The title do it tomorrow is obviously meant to stand out, to make you think 'if i put it off to tomorrow then I'm procrastinating aren't I?', but when seen in the light of the rest of the book makes a lot of sense. Mark Forster's approach is to work on a full day's work every day - so basically everything that turns up today should be worked on tomorrow and so on. There's obviously a little more to it than that and a few tweaks to take care of urgent work that turns up today and can't wait til tomorrow.

In the book Mark challenges other thinking on time management, considers the principles that would make sense to help us get through our work and then bit by bit takes you through his approach so at the end of the book you can put it into practice. Having said that I have reread the book and still dip into it.

My only criticism, if it is a criticism, is that on his website it seems he is now proposing a different approach to time management. Something called AutoFocus which is very different to Do it Tomorrow. I am going to stick with Do It Tomorrow for now and perhaps will try AutoFocus in the future.

Do It Tomorrow is simple and it works. Thanks to Mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works! Give it a go!, 2 July 2008
Sue Ricks (Leics UK) - See all my reviews
What a great concept. - this book was recommneded to me by a colleague who is having some business coaching. She is on the most highly effective and capable people I know, so when she told me about this book and suggested I read it, I took her advice seriously. I was surprised by the title as it seem to go against most of what I have read before about prioritising and not putting things off. Well all I can say is that I have tried it and it works! I like his closed list concept and some of his "how to fool yourself" concepts too. I never thought I would be recommending a book that says that, but "success breeds success". Therefore create any way to be successful and then you will become more successful. So go for the little things and build up to more. I have found it brings more joy when you do what Mark suggests and then the fun begins. I have had numerous "to do lists" and they are rapidly disappearing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Timely Advice, 24 Sep 2008
This is my first ever review for Amazon, which illustrates the way I feel about this book. The approach is simple and effective, however, it will require discipline and commitment to make it work. That said, you will need to forgive yourself when you do not quite make it.

This is the best book on time management I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free thinking, 9 Jan 2011
M. Daniel "Danny" (France) - See all my reviews
I haven't finished it yet but I can say already that it's got some free, and more importantly clear, thinking in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Goldmine, 3 May 2011
A. Jollands - See all my reviews
I think this is my first Amazon book review, but I had to come on here and give one because Mark Forster and you deserve the recommendation. I read this book, made 10 pages of notes and I know I mildly annoyed my family members over the weekend by constantly reading out quotes and gems.

This is an absolute goldmine of info for the busy individual, procrastinator or small business owner.

I'm all three of those and this book has transformed my understanding, my work and behavior! An absolute must buy!

P.S. I almost didn't get this book because of the negative review left by someone else here (something about waffle) - please ignore them and do yourself a favour. Mark Forster writes on how you think with such insight, doesn't make you feel bad about not getting things done (he makes it seem very natural, but by no means inevitable) and leaves you with a great system to becoming super-productive. For the last 3 days I've followed his system and it's remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly excellent book, 22 Oct 2008
Dr. Adam Jacobs (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Many books have been described as "life changing", but it's seldom true. However, it was true for me with this book. I had recognised that my time management was very poor, and I needed to do something about it, and I choose this book to help me. Like many other people, I was really struggling to keep on top of my emails (I had a backlog of over 1300 in my inbox when I started reading this book), and one of the splendid things about this book is a really sensible and workable system for dealing with emails. I have no email backlog now, and I say this having just returned from a week's holiday.

The book is easy to read and full of useful tips for not only email but many of the other things that take up too much time. I don't promise this book will work for you as well as it worked for me, because I guess to some extent time management techniques are personal and maybe some techniques work well for some people and less well for others. All I know is that the techniques described in this book worked spectacularly well for me and have significantly changed my life for the better.

If you're reading this, Mark Forster, thank you so much for a brilliant book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Forgot I bought it....!, 24 May 2013
Forgot I bought this book - which means I must have not read it - which kind of says it all really !!!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xadf46f18)

Do it Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time Management
Do it Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time Management by Mark Forster (Paperback - 20 July 2006)
5.59