5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing book
Jackie Pullinger is one of the worlds 'nomad travellers' and 'undiscovered saints'.
This is a work which deserves wider 'worldwide recognition'.
Jackie felt a 'calling' and acted on it.
Chasing The Dragon is a work and testament to selfless commitment and human kindness towards others.
Jackies work was highlighted by the worlds media -with the BBC...
Published on 3 April 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
I read this book as a part of a book club and found it interesting but found it a bit difficult
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!!, 18 Feb 2014
declan small (Randalstown, Antrim United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great testimony of the faithfulness of our God when we are fully willing to obey his calling. Your spirit will be stirred reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, 4 Feb 2014
Inspiring, I genuinely loved reading this book. Jackie is so humble and has been used by God in amazing ways.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 3 Feb 2014
Having been to Hong Kong and found it an amazing place to see I was intrigued to see this book it is not overly religious but this lady has done amazing work for people and continues to do so without a thought for her own safety he goodness shines through

5.0 out of 5 stars chasing the dragon, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Chasing the Dragon (Paperback)
I bought this book, it is a fantastic story. Really enjoyed it. received the book well in time, and in excellent condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Chasing the dragon, 10 Nov 2013
H. Hannington "Grannie" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
Compelling a true example of serving. I met Jackie before she embarked on this adventure and I hope one day to meet her again what an amazing woman of God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 Oct 2013
Mrs. J. F. Hall "Jessie" (Newcastle upon Tyne UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing the Dragon (Paperback)
This is the cheapest way to buy books and altho it is hard on the retailers I just look out for value for money. Excellent book

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable but true., 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Chasing the Dragon (Paperback)
Chasing the dragon is a book everybody ought to read. I read and reread this book. The faith of Jackie Pullinger baffles me and makes me feel so impotent in my own faith. It challenges me to seek this Holy Spirit which I thought I had, but obviously I haven't, otherwise, wouldn't I be able to pray down miracles and be more effective in helping the many desperate in my own town?

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Chasing the Dragon (Paperback)
A place of darkness so vile few people can imagine it. A lady with strength of steel and heart of a saint. A God who is all powerful and loving. These keep leaping out at me as I turn the pages front to back mesmerised, awed, humbled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story. Timeless examples of God at work in and through ordinary people. Updated version, very good., 23 Aug 2013
I read this 40 yrs ago. Came back to it via this updated version this summer. Still a great read, still has the power to inspire. Highly recommend it to all age groups but a good read for teenagers/20's wanting to know if there's more out there for them to aspire to.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I had to buy two copies so I always have a copy to lend out, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Chasing the Dragon (Paperback)
I read this book for the first time about 17 years ago. It made a big impression on me then. I recently read it again and still found it mindblowing the second time around. This is the true story of a woman who was prepared to give up a comfortable life in the UK go and work as a missionary in the Walled City in Hong Kong. Historically this was a city of drug dens, traids (gangs) and prostitution. It demonstrates how God will do the most amazing things through someone who is prepared to give up everything for Him and put their trust in Him. Once you get into this book it is hard to put it down. I can't recommend this highly enough.

Chasing the Dragon
Chasing the Dragon by Andrew Quicke (Paperback - 16 Feb 2006)
6.29