5.0 out of 5 stars We can receive healing from the wounds we receive.
Have you been hurt by Christians?

Anne Graham Lotz sensitively writes about the raw pain we receive from our brothers and sisters in Christ, but also highlighting the beauty of grace and the unfailing love of God. She bravely shares her wounds with us and how God has helped her through the healing process.

Thankfully we have a Saviour who knows what...
Published 18 months ago by Anita

3.0 out of 5 stars Wounded
Having wounded, I needed to read this. Felt at times that anne came across as self righteous. That she was right and others were wrong. However, there were a lot of challenges for me in my own situation. Also a wonderful assurance of the love of God towards us, despite our failures.
Published 15 months ago by mrs c simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars We can receive healing from the wounds we receive., 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wounded by God's People: Discovering How God's Love Heals Our Hearts (Paperback)
Have you been hurt by Christians?

Thankfully we have a Saviour who knows what it's like to be rejected by His own people. We can find comfort in His unfailing love.

This book is for anyone who has been struggling with deep wounds or have caused wounds to another. God's grace covers us all, and there is healing available as we run to Him in our pain.

I think it would also be a useful tool for Church leaders to help them pastorally care for their congregations and groups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for those for who have been hurt, 21 Sept. 2014
GJC "gjc" (Belfast N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
Some books are about theology or doctrine and can be reviewed with objectivity and counter argument. However, this book does not easily fit into that comfortable slot. I have a large collection of Christian literature and I cannot recall another book quite like this. Some books can be read anytime under any circumstances but not this book, It's something that has to be felt. You have to be in a certain place to fully appreciate this book. Its a very difficult subject and Anne has been very courageous to take it on. To her credit she does the subject great justice and the Christian community is better for this book. The author draws wonderful truths from the Genesis account of Hagar, truths which may parallel our own journey. A servant girl, slave, used, abused and rejected who came to understand it was not God, but the people of God who had wounded her. Ann keeps coming back to the theme of forgiveness, and of course she is correct. How can we, who have been forgiven so much withhold that same forgiveness from those who have hurt us.
If you have been hurt, wounded, burned, rejected or isolated by the people of God I recommend this book. It will not make everything right but it may help in the process of healing your hurt and finding God in the journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A healing book for one that has been hurt, 27 Dec. 2013
I liked that Anne showed us that Abraham's love for both his sons brought them together when he died even though they had spent their lives apart and how great God's love is for each of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wounded by Gods people, 30 Dec. 2013
I choose the high rating as I believe it is deserves it, I am drawn to the author who I heard and would recommend it to friends and family

5.0 out of 5 stars Wounded by Gods People - AMAZING BOOK, 10 Dec. 2014
Found this book encouraging in that we are not alone in our pain as it is easy to be isolated and lonely when hurt. God loves the broken hearted and will bring justice into a situation even if we dont see it in our lifetime. We must leave the situation in Gods hands and focus on Gods love and forgiveness to be able to move forward without bitterness and anger. Amazing book!

5.0 out of 5 stars love, grace and hope, 31 Mar. 2015
This book is a must for anyone who struggles with being hurt by others. The biblical story of Hagar is cleverley woven in with Anne Graham Lotz personal experiences and those of others. The message is a clear one, people wound but God heals and restores, through forgiveness, love, grace and hope. Anne Graham Lotz words will bring hope to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wounded, 18 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
A. Wilson "Alfie" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very honest book and was a real encouragment...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Mar. 2015
A really great read by a very Godly woman.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the book I wanted!, 31 Oct. 2013
I ordered this book because of the title, which really appealed to me, because of a pastoral need to work with people who have been wounded by clergy sexual abuse in the past.
This book was no help to me whatsoever.
I had never heard of Anne Graham Lotz before, and certainly won't be looking out for her writings again.
The book is about the way churches have wounded her through rejecting her and her husband's ministries, set in the context of the story of Hagar.
I found it ego-centric - the examples of wounding were almost all hers. It reminded me of a child at my daughter's birthday party who was sobbing and said "someone has hurt my feelings".
It lacked insight - the fault was always someone else's.
I found it superficial. She talks about how badly she has been hurt, but no attempt to understand the wider context or the other kinds of ways in which God's People have caused catastrophic wounds to others.
Stylistically, the book takes a lot of words to say not a lot.
I found her Biblical analysis also somewhat basic.
I need to get rid of this book as soon as possible.
(And now, of course, I will be added to the list of people who have wounded her)

Wounded by God's People: Discovering How God's Love Heals Our Hearts
Wounded by God's People: Discovering How God's Love Heals Our Hearts by Anne Graham Lotz (Paperback - 10 Oct. 2013)