Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 July 2009
This book is a good starting point to talk about anxiety to a young child who is worrying about things - probably up to 6 or 7 year olds would enjoy the pictures and text.
on 9 November 2009
The book is good with good illustrations, and will probably be effective with a lot of children. Didn't work for my 8 y-o autistic son.
on 20 April 2009
Used this in a SEAL group with Y3 - 6. Also in assembly at school. the feedback from other teachers was great with children sending me their worries to get rid of in my 'bag'. Some of them we were able to 'pick up' and deal with in school. Lovely book and well worth the money!
on 29 September 2009
I have used this book with my 6 year old son who has the worlds worries on his shoulders, since reading this book we discuss what is worrying him and work out who the worry belongs too, most of the time it is not his, so he throws it away. He has accepted this way of dealing with his worries so i would highly recommend this book to someone who has a worrier, it makes their life less stressful.
on 13 November 2009
This is a superb book recommended by Values for Life, a collective worship programme, there is material enough for two/three assemblies from year R to year 6.
on 15 October 2015
I wish I had read all the reviews properly because this is mentioned by other reviewers; there is an illustration in the first couple of pages of a little girl looking in a mirror where she sees a bloated image of herself, which introduces the idea that being "too fat" is something to be worried about. This is an appalling idea to introduce to a small child and surely adds a new worry that many readers of this book would not have even considered. I didn't get any further as there is no way this is a good message to be putting into any little girl's head in a world where body image in women as well as men is such a hotly debated topic. It doesn't matter how good the rest of the book is. If I were the author/publisher, I would change that one example for a less controversial one because it is contrary to the book's intended message. And if the intention is to help deal with that one particular issue, I don't think this is the right book in which to address such a complex and sensitive subject. Disappointed.
on 16 May 2013
This simple book is a beautiful method of helping worriers to think more objectively about their troubles. I would recommend this to anyone who has children of their own or who works with children. Our youngsters are often forced to carry the burden of stress around but not given the skills to cope with their emotions. This book will help us to help themselves.
on 21 October 2015
This is a great book for helping children to talk about their worries. I used it in my class at the start of the school year and during circle time the children began to talk about things that worried them. I created some bag templates and they drew their own monsters and wrote down their worries. Great for PSHE activities and to use in anti-bullying week.
on 16 January 2016
This is a lovely story that really got my quietly worrisome boy talking about all of his worries.
I find it difficult to buy books like this because they can seem a bit pretentious but this is a lovely one. An was tea with a concept that my children got immediately. They ask to read it a lot and talk about it and about their worries.
Its brill.
on 29 October 2015
This has helped us to encourage our daughter to open up when she was experiencing lots and changes and struggling with her baby brother being in hospital. We would read the story and then discuss our worries and how we could soothe or solve them.

Now she's started school I think it's time to dig it out of the bookshelf and have a read again.