4.0 out of 5 stars My Own Experience With 'The Huge Bag Of Worries'
I was 7 years old (im 13 now) when i received this book, at the time i was having problems with bullies and it was very difficult, i got so worried i began to lose some of my hair. I was given this book by my mum and i read it a lot, it didn't make a substantial impact at the time, nor did it change the bullies but i started to tell my parents when i got worried and my...
Published on 9 April 2010 by C. scullion

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for toddlers
I'm not sure what the intended age range for this book is, but it didn't seem appropriate for my four year old. The metaphor of having little monsters in a bag following you was just too confusing. I don't want to add to her worries by making her think there are monsters following her around! She is still at an age where she takes things quite literally. Probably a...
Published on 4 May 2012 by Barb Fillington

‹ Previous | 19 10 1119 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 16 Nov. 2013
L. Burns "yummymummyof2" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
Beautiful illustrations, lovely storyline that children can relate to and understand...great as a talking point for worriers! Bought for school PSHE work (junior school ages 7-11) and they all love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 5 Jan. 2014
Aunty cake (hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
It was ok, the best part is it explains how talking about problems can make you feel better. It does it in an unusual way, so I would follow up with conversation to make sure the theme is understood.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for helping children who are carrying lots of ..., 29 Nov. 2014
Jayne Mcconkey (Belfast, NI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
A good book for helping children who are carrying lots of worries. I have used this with children I work with and a few of them found this helped give a vocabulary for talking about their worries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
Love this book - this is my second as I keep lending it to clients - have used it with both children and adults in therapy. So easy to see where the therapeutic relationship fits within recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
I bought this book to help my seven year old granddaughter overcome some anxiety issues. We read it together, discussed what we had read then she read it herself. She is so much better now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy!, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
Excellent!...I saw an immediate (after the first read) improvement in my 5 year old daughter's anxiety problems...I highly recommend to anyone with a child with similar problems. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
My five year old was being picked on at school and this book helped tremendously with him dealing with his emotions and learning that if he shares his problems things can be dealt with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
I bought this because my son is a worrier and it helped him to understand that you can't just carry everything around with you but you need to talk to someone to get them to help!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a story about a girl with anxieties which might ..., 27 Sept. 2014
It's a story about a girl with anxieties which might help children to believe they're not alone in this. But it doesn't present any real ways to overcome them. Age range 6-10

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for little worriers everywhere, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Huge Bag of Worries (Paperback)
I don't know if it's stopped our worrying son worry so much, but it's certainly given him pause for thought. It's a bit dated but still lovely and spot on for little worriers.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1119 | Next ›

The Huge Bag of Worries
The Huge Bag of Worries by Virginia Ironside (Paperback - 6 Jan. 2011)