on 17 May 2010
I've just finished a three year course in psychology in uni, and for the first two years this book was a life saver. It's easy to understand and literally has almost every topic in it. I bought it in the first couple of weeks of my degree and have used it for almost every essay, project and exam. For the third year it is too simple but definately an excellent book for year one and two. Obviously with essays you need numerous references and cannot use just one book, but this is definately the best book I have bought for my degree.
on 26 May 2009
I'm currently studying mental health nursing and have used this book for studying and also just for my own personal reading. It is bright and cheerful with examples which make everything really easy to understand. i have recommeded this book to many of the people on my course.
on 18 September 2015
This book was really useful for my psychology course, but too heavy to carry around. Would be good as a weapon to defend yourself with though. You could do some damage.
on 28 November 2011
Bought for my son at University. His feedback is very positive and rates the book highly on conjunction with his degree work
on 27 June 2010
I have been studying various modules of a Psych Lite course at Birkbeck University and this book is fantastic as a broad introduction to the many areas of pyschology. This book would be a must have for the first and second year of an undergraduate course and something that you'd refer back to again and again. Well structured chapters and written in a way that will assist you understanding the concepts, especially at the beginning.
on 1 December 2007
I am a year 2 social work student and bought this book for my psychology module. It is an absolutely fantastic book and I would recommend it to anyone who would like to know anything at all about psychology. The book is understandable and addictive and the cd that accompanies it is just an added bonus. This is a great book and would be an amazing read for anyone. Thoroughly recommended.
on 23 March 2013
This was one of my recommended reading books for my degree. This was absolutely brilliant to read, and the chapters are written in such a way that they can be easily understood. This is a really helpful study book - and the other chapters are going to be read as a must!
on 18 September 2009
As a Psychology undergraduate I have found this text book invaluable as an introductory text that skims the basics of the subjects main disciplines. A great basis to first understand concepts and then build on them with further reading.
on 4 May 2013
Very good book which covers the basics of psychology very well and in a readable style.
Bought for my daughter to complete an 'A' level college course but would also be suitable for undergraduate level study.
on 13 November 2009
I love this book have used it many times before buying.Nice layout. Easy to understand text. Will be well used over the next three years as it has a bit of everything in it.