‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Oct 2005
This review is from: Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour, Fifth Edition (Hodder Arnold Publication) (Paperback)
This is a truly marvellous book. The CD that comes with it is a fantastic learning aid. As a teacher of psychology it is a fabulous resource and one which has been recommended to my students. If you are looking for a psychology book to fill an amateur desire to learn a little bit more then I would not say this is for you, however, if your looking for depth and insight it is excellent. Accompanies Eysenck's Psychology for AS brilliantly. Get on it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Foremost Psychology Overview Textbook, 1 Nov 2006
Vexen Crabtree (UK) - See all my reviews
With bulky introductions to all the main areas of psychology - social, cognitive, clinical, etc, this book presents both lots of detail and lots of scope. It made me interested in areas of psychology I hadn't previously thought much of. R. Gross excels at presenting psychology theories, studies and information in a clear way, even when explaining conflicting opinions.

This is an awesome book for anyone interested in not only psychology (as a textbook/bible), but also in humanity in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent!!!, 9 Oct 2005
This book had all the information i need for my modules for my course. its very easy to understand and helps a lot with essays!!! if you are studying social pyshcology, pyscholgy , pyschological sciences , Cognitive science then its the book for you !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Dec 2006
Eclipse "suz29" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This book is easy to read and very imformative. If you are going to buy a book for studying psychology, I would strongly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !!!, 4 Oct 2006
T. A. Radley "Avid Learner" (Essex England) - See all my reviews
I couldn't believe it another Richard Gross Book, having used his previous edition for my first two years of studing psychology I am now going to buy this book after finding it in the college libary. Anyone thinking of taking up a course covering any psychology should give this a look, you would be missing out if you didn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jan 2008
T. Greeves - See all my reviews
I found this book really helpful, I am currently in my second year of an access course on health and welfare. This book was really intresting and so easy to follow so many topics. I have flew through my assignments-a great help....

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent overview of the subject., 15 Sep 2009
Many of the people who teach psychology or write psychology textbooks, while undoubtedly very skilled, are nonetheless poor communicators. Not so Richard Gross. He writes lucidly and with sufficient detail to make even complex areas crystal clear. If you can only afford one text, let it be this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 24 Feb 2008
Ms. L. A. Kaddour (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Great book, I use it more than the main one we have been set for my course at uni. Used it at A level too, it's not too complex, not too basic, but rather heavy to carry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 1 Dec 2007
I am a year 2 social work student and bought this book for my psychology module. It is an absolutely fantastic book and I would recommend it to anyone who would like to know anything at all about psychology. The book is understandable and addictive and the cd that accompanies it is just an added bonus. This is a great book and would be an amazing read for anyone. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent general psychology book., 21 Aug 2009
I bought this book when I was on an Access course and found it incredibly useful. I loved the psychology module so much I went on to do a degree in it. The book came with me and I still dip into from time to time. As a general psychology book, one of the best I have come across.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›