5.0 out of 5 stars A Super Guide for Both Mums and Dads
Jo Frost gives many sensible suggesions for parents to try in order to get more compliance from the children. I don't agree with every technique but the majority of them sound like they might work for my family. We have already had success with our picky eaters following the advice in the book. Bedtime is much smoother too after using her strategies for keeping our son...
Published on 8 May 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Nanny Books!
This book is very colourful and attractive, but lacked in real content, it was a disappointment. I was hoping it could help me with my 3yr old twin girl's cheekiness and sleep anxiety, but it never really gets to the nitty gritty of behavioral issues or sleep problems.
I would suggest buying "Nanny Wisdom" by Kim Nicholson and Justine Walsh. A friend (that used to be...
Published on 20 Oct 2005 by debbielangton35

3.0 out of 5 stars Uninspired!, 16 Jun 2005
After reading Supernanny I find myself feeling uninspired. A fun read but without much merit and certainly without any depth whatsoever. Jo Frost is a nanny, an actress, and an entertainer of the likes of Dr. Phil. However, do not let yourself get swept away in Nanny 911 or Supernanny craze. Parenting and the emotional health of your children is much too important to rely upon a woman who is grabbing her 15 minutes of fame. If you are looking for a parenting resource check out the books that have been written by professionals who avoid the publicists, marketers, and agents that are moving this book up the charts.
I would suggest that parents turn to resources such as "Systemic Parenting" by Mark Gaskill (a family therapist) and "Unconditional Parenting" by Alfie Kohn (a brilliant researcher and parenting expert).

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed feelings about this book!, 18 May 2005
After reading Supernanny I am met with mixed feelings. The book looks real good, but it lacks the detail that I was looking for. I am very concerned that it does not cover the important "why" questions that parents interested in long-term healthy change might want to ask. For example, "is my child acting this way merely because he's a bad kid?" Or, "is my kid acting this way in response to underlying issues that I am not seeing or addressing very well?" The later question might be a bit more difficult to ask, but it, when asked, leads to greater degrees of parent-child intimacy. My concern with Supernanny is that it provides the parents with parenting interventions but has no depth regarding what leads to these behaviors. Unfortunately, this can (as a psychologist might say "destructively pathologize the child" - placing blame on the child when his or her behaviors are actually a response to a problem, or an indication that his or her needs are not being met in the most healthy way possible). The child's behavior might be a response to a stressor or condition that the parent will now overlook because he or she has the Supernanny cookie cutter intervention.
Again, Supernanny looks real good - probably should be credited to the team of marketers rather than Jo herself. It just lacks depth. For thinking parents I would strongly suggest that you take a look at a book titled: "Systemic Parenting: An Exploration of the Parenting Big Picture" written by a family therapist and parenting expert named Mark Gaskill. Supernanny definitely fails in comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Feb 2009
This review is from: Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children (Paperback)
A great book and I find all her techniques, if followed to the letter, work 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY HELPFUL, 11 Oct 2011
Sandi Butcher "Beau Butler" (Old Windsor, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This book is very helpful for mothers of toddlers and young children. Jo Frost is superb at her job and this is very interesting reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars advice, 14 April 2005
As a child care professional, having seen both nanny 911 and supernanny (both are equally informative and useful) i feel that parents reading these reviews should be aware that there are many books available that seem alike or appear to be based on each other. jo frost has 16 yrs of experience and experience sometimes is more important than qualifications in pshycology or such like. in fact both supernanny and nanny 911 use similiar if not exactly the same method. however i would advise parents to read a variety of books and choose methods to suit you and your child or speak to your child carer or health visitor as each family, and child is different. yet they all need the same things love, care, discipline and education.

4.0 out of 5 stars We'll have to see how it all goes......, 17 April 2011
I chose this book as my 1 year old was already showing signs of independence and was having a few tantrums along the way. I already had the Super Nanny Baby book and found that very useful, so was looking for a book that would show the next developmental changes the children go through as well as some advice on how to head off bad behaviour and neutralise it before things really got bad.
There is the obvious inclusion of the Naughty step technique- not for use with small children like mine, but this book is not just about that- she has also included some great distraction and involvement techniques which, from first hand experience I can tell you, work a treat even at this age.
I also tried the "ignoring the tantrum" and that worked great too as he was no longer getting the audience he wanted.

The main thing she tries to get over is that showing a good parental example and taking time to be with and enjoy your children for who they are is the key to understanding them and guiding them through the tricky phases they will have to go through. The focus is on firm but fair - routines and simple structures that give children a sense of security so they are not having to test to find the limits all the time.

Overall worth a look - I would have given a 5 but I found I had to read the whole thing rather than jump to and from chapters relevant to your child's age as she indicates you can do.

5.0 out of 5 stars starting to take effect, 9 April 2014
I recommend this - very practical and easy to follow - Im feeling more confident as a parent with Jo's advice

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 9 April 2014
Works really well and very informational also worth the price I bought it for and more . Excellent book needed .

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 1 April 2014
I bought it for my friend as a gift for Xmas. She was delighted and found it very useful
and learned a few tricks of how to deal with her toddler. All in all, I was pleased with the
service and my friend was pleased with the book. Thank you Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mums bible, 27 Feb 2014
Would definitely recommend this book im a big fan of hers and has helped me get through parenting lol thanks

Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children
Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children by Jo Frost (Paperback - 27 Mar 2006)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available