5.0 out of 5 stars Truly helpful book
This book had a great explanation and went into detail on the ins and outs of PCOS without being too difficult to understand.
It also explained well how the GI diet can help manage PCOS providing useful and easy recipes that have also tasted alright as well (for healthy food lol).
Published on 16 Aug 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars basic introduction to the subject
Quite basic, not detailed enough if you have already done a little reading on the subject.
Published on 19 July 2011 by A. Mansell

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly helpful book, 16 Aug 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
I would definately recommend this book to anyone suffering from PCOS that has trouble loosing weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life, 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
I have PCOS and I've tried everything to lose weight. I've tried eating healthy (at least I thought I was eating healthy), exercise programs, and even weight loss supplements. Nothing helped. I never dropped ONE pound or one pant size. I finally gave up and decided that overweight was just who I was. I had to deal with it and accept it and so did everyone else.

But then I found this book... I've followed it faithfully for about 3 weeks now and I've already lost 5 lbs. That's HUGE for me considering everything I've tried in the past only to not lose anything. The biggest thing I took from this book was to start getting the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables every day. I have more energy and I feel great! And even with just 5 pounds lost, people are starting to notice. For me, 5 pounds was the difference between a size 18 pant and a size 16. I haven't been in a 16 since college and I know this is just the beginning. The weight is coming off so fast I believe I can drop another pant size in the next 8-12 weeks. On days when I don't eat right, I feel sluggish and bloated and often get headaches. I used to suffer with 2-3 migraines a week and I've now gone more than a week without one migraine. If you're serious about eating right, get this book. Eating fruits and veggies requires a small amount of work and planning. I go to the office each day with several containers or baggies storing a serving grapes, pistachios, carrots, or Greek yogurt. But the planning is definitely worth it because I feel better than I've felt in a long time.

This book also helped me realize that, when it came to food, I was allowing myself to eat junk and calling those times "special occasions." Someone at work would bring cookies and I'd think, "Denise only brings her famous chocolate chip cookies about once a month... It's ok to eat one because it's a special occasion." Or, "I've never been to this restaurant before so I better go ahead and get dessert. It's a special occasion since it's a new experience for me." I finally started being honest with myself and realized that I was calling things "special occasions" on a daily basis and sometimes more than once! This book has opened my eyes to so much and I know it's going to completely change my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Information, 30 April 2009
A. James "Clarah123" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
Just an excellent book - I learned more about the real basis of PCOS from this book than anywhere else. The diet is easy to follow and there is a wealth of really important information inside. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 19 Dec 2007
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
A good book that provides a great deal of information for its price.

The five chapters are: understanding PCOS, all about carbohydrates and the GI of foods, taking charge, putting the GI to work in your day, and recipes. As well as this there is an A-Z of GI and GL in the form of tables, a good glossary and an easy to use index (including a recipe index separately).

The book is easy to read and will not bamboozle you. When I was first diagnosed this is one of the books I bought and is up there amongst the favourites.

3.0 out of 5 stars basic introduction to the subject, 19 July 2011
A. Mansell - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
I dislike the lack of references for some of the claims - a list of papers in the back of the book is not a proper referencing system - and I am unsure how seriously to take some of what the book says. However for those who require less scientific rigor it would a nice introduction to the subject. It is easy to understand and briefly describes the background to PCOS as well as advice on diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
As the other reviewers have said, this is a good book but its printed on really naff paper, thats the only downfall. I have this (and PCOS) alongside the Rosemary Conely Low GI hip and thigh book and find them both brill.GI Hip and Thigh Diet

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructive, 26 April 2011
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
Recently diagnosed by a doctor severely lacking knowledge of the condition, this book has become my PCOS bible. It's very, very hard to know what is low GI and what is not, as supermarkets find this labelling system financially wanting, so as a general guide to what I can and cannot eat, this book has become indispensible. The recipe section included is also very welcome indeed as it includes ... desserts! The book takes you through the biology of PCOS and how what you eat directly contributes to your symptoms, and then gently guides you into a lifestyle that may drastically reduce those symptoms. There is no cure for PCOS but this common sense book, along with its helpful suggestions, is a good start on the road to changing your life. My only gripe is that more named brands aren't included in the GI index

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
Good book very informative and useful. Although, I wish it was a bit glossier as it is quite heavy reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative & Life Changing, 24 April 2013
Jordan "Jordan" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
While it may seem easier with todays technology to do a quick search online for your information, you will be missing out on so much from this affordable, and informative book.

The book is split up into five chapters, which go over in detail but understandable and informative language all the information relating to PCOS, and how you can make differences in your daily life in order to keep it under control.

It is easy to read, easy to understand, and it is all laid out. I would recommend you buy this book straight away.

Stop using search engines, and get down to the facts in simple English from an author who knows her stuff! You will not regret it, enjoy the new you!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS (Paperback)
Bought this as I wanted to lose weight and due to the fact I suffer with PCOS I thought I would give this a go.
If you are the kind of person that makes everything from scratch then it would be OK - at the time I didn't have the time so it wasn't something that I stuck to.

The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS
The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS by Kate Marsh (Paperback - 6 Jun 2005)
Used & New from: 2.80