5.0 out of 5 stars A Super Guide for Both Mums and Dads
Published on 8 May 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Nanny Books!
This book is very colourful and attractive, but lacked in real content, it was a disappointment. I was hoping it could help me with my 3yr old twin girl's cheekiness and sleep anxiety, but it never really gets to the nitty gritty of behavioral issues or sleep problems.
Published on 20 Oct 2005 by debbielangton35

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Super Guide for Both Mums and Dads, 8 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children (Hardcover)
Jo Frost gives many sensible suggesions for parents to try in order to get more compliance from the children. I don't agree with every technique but the majority of them sound like they might work for my family. We have already had success with our picky eaters following the advice in the book. Bedtime is much smoother too after using her strategies for keeping our son in his own bed all night long. I like this book for 3 main reasons: It is parent friendly without clinical or judgmental language, it is set up as a quick reference guide so you do not have to read the entire book to get some specific information to solve a specific behavior problem and it covers a wide spectrum of concerns for the early years (2's, 3's, 4's and 5's). We also like another parent friendly guide called "The Pocket Parent" for the exact same reasons. Both of these discipline guides have offered us many suggestions and solutions to gaining more cooperation from our children.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nanny Books!, 20 Oct 2005
I would suggest buying "Nanny Wisdom" by Kim Nicholson and Justine Walsh. A friend (that used to be a nanny) recommended this book to me. It has been a fantastic resource for me and my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide/Bible for Parents, 23 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
We've relied on this book since the birth of our son 6 months ago. It's practical, sensible and has all the answers you need. With such a new thing as parenting to master it's comforting knowing if you have a question there's a book with the answer (possibly a more up-to-date answer than your parents have...) and an explanation. It's also got useful medical/emergency things if you're in a panic which is handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 22 Jan 2009
This is a fantastic book. Jo Frost is a no nonsense expert on children and how to get the best out of them whilst maintaining their sense of discipline and respect. Very easy to read, easy and simple instructions and the reasons why. I would recommend this book to all parents, my husband loves it and he's not a reader so must be good!

4.0 out of 5 stars simple advice is often the best!, 6 May 2009
I bought this for a friend of mine, and then decided maybe I needed it too! I love the TV programme and found this book full of well illustrated advice on enjoying your toddlers and their progression, rather than refering to the 'terrible twos' or 'little terrors'. An enjoyable read with some helpful hints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Oct 2010
From watching Jo Frost on TV, this book explains everything and you can store all the advice on the bookshelf to refer to whenever you need it, rather than having to remember it all. Great buy for any parent. Even before they have children.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb book, 13 July 2010
mashallah very good book very easy to understand and follow would advise to also watch supernanny shows as it shows exactly how to discipline in practical rather than just theory and has already started working

3.0 out of 5 stars A good "looking" book but lacks detail, 1 April 2005
Supernanny is certainly a good looking book. A lot of effort went into taking a little bit of information and making it go far. Seems like there was more effort put into the graphic arts aspect of Supernanny than to the actual content. I found this very disappointing. I think I could have gotten the same information from watching two or three episodes of Nanny 911 whilst visiting the states. If you are experiencing nothing more severe than whinny behavior this might be a helpful text. But, if you are experiencing problems more challenging than the most basic of parenting problems I would suggest that you look elsewhere. There are many books on the market that were written by educated professionals (like family therapists) that DO provide the important details missing from Supernanny. Personally, I liked "Systemic Parenting: An Exploration of the Parenting Big Picture" written by parenting expert and family therapist Mark Gaskill. If you compare these books side by side the lack of depth found in Supernanny becomes very obvious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Feb 2009
A great book and I find all her techniques, if followed to the letter, work 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars practical, 20 May 2011
Refreshing to find a publication not written by people who just read other peoples theories and then re-hash it as their own. This is a book full of practical skills learnt by experiance and hard work. If you want a step by step guide on reasons behind bad behaviour and practical guides to achieve the outcome you want with your children then here it is at last. This is by far the best book on the subject- if your prepared to put a little work in and implement the strategies outlined in easy to understand terms then the rewards are there for you. Its up to you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xfc7057c)

Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children
Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children by Jo Frost (Hardcover - 14 Mar 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01