Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 April 2010
I bought this study guide for my Philosophy IB students to help them analyse the set text and although they are reading the original, this guide really helps them to understand some of the more complex sections. The evaluations of each new simile/concept are also very good. This would suit any year 12 or 13 students that need to understand Plato that little bit further and follow the thread of each of his arguments.
on 1 August 2014
I am preparing to teach AQA Philosophy A Level (outgoing syllabus for A2). Although this book is not directly signposted to the current specification I'm finding it very useful indeed for planning lessons to teach the unit on The Republic. Lots of activity ideas which help to liven things up compared to the current textbooks which can be quite dry - I think you still need a current text book but as a complimentary book this is perfect. I would highly recommend to teachers and students alike.
on 13 September 2013
the book was in very good condition for a second hand book and was a very reasonable price.All of the pages were in excellent condition and the cover looked virtually new.