on 3 March 2014
This book seems to have been written either in a rush or by people who can not put themselves in the shoes of the users - i.e A-Level students. The book does not explain subtleties / assumptions - for example, where the writer has applied Trigonometry to solve a problem, or illustrate another concept, no mention of how he labelled a side of a triangle the way he did. Also, the answers provided to questions are just for multiple choice / numerical ones (that too not all). You will have no clue how many marks you'd actually get in the exam for steps, or if your qualitative answer is right or not.
on 6 May 2011
The content of the book is superb. Extremely thorough, with worked answers also. The review sections after each topic really test your knowledge of each subject, and is superb for AS physics. Very clear, and well explained. The only problem is the price, but i suppose you are purchasing a better overall product than other revision guides out there. Summed up this product is......
Excellent, yet expensive.
on 3 May 2014
(I have bought this on amazon using a different account, but I signed up with Google and I didn't trust them with my card details)

-------------------

If you want to get an A in physics then you should buy this book. It was publicly appraised by edexcel, and looking through this book I know why. The content is absolutely amazing and provides detailed information on every topic.

But me personally, I would get another revision guide to give you a more simple approach because there is lots and lots of writing.

There aren't many negatives. It's difficult to criticise this book.

I highly recommend this book but I also recommend buying a different revision guide. I say this because when I first started my course I was scared of the fact that there's so much information I need to learn. But honestly, not every single thing will come up. So get a book that shows a simple approach. But still use this because this is definitely the most detailed book.

For example this boon provides information on base and si units, but my other 2 revision guides do not.
on 5 February 2014
This physics book is used as a class book in my sixth form and it covers everything for unit 1 and unit 2, however some questions are not as near as tough as questions in the exams and there are no examples of exam questions. Also, for some questions the book assumes you know certain things. For example there was a question where you would multiply something by the speed of sound, however in the question it did not say the value for the speed of sound. It would not say this in the exam however as a book used to help you pass it should be clear.

I had to buy another revision book as well because if i am honest, i would not trust just using this book on revising. There is no harm in getting it, It is best used after when you have gone through a revision guide like a cgp book.
on 11 May 2014
this is the bestest student book for edexcel physics! it has explained concepts to a great detail focusing on the spec as well as showing why some concepts and formulas are true or how they were derived! it has answers to questions although not all answers have been given for the questions. it has many pictures to illustrate the concepts to make a better understanding! its written in easy language of physics which further improves understanding skills! i personally have used this book at high school and i can say that after having this book i understand the concepts extremely well!! :)

recommended book for all those doin edexcel physics! :) price is worth it too! you wont regret your purchase! i can guarantee that! :)
on 5 November 2011
This is not a thick book, but it somehow manages to present quite a lot of detail. The worked examples are particularly useful and show everything step by step, so the reader doesn't get lost at any stage. The explanations are also very good, and the main part of the text tries to present information in an easily accessible way for the reader using normal vocabulary, but there are great scientific definitions in the green boxes, that are prefect to memories or get very familiar with in terms of terminology. Overall great book, except the price indeed!
on 8 February 2015
This book is quite good but I would only recommend it for revising a topic that you already have a good knowledge on. This book is very difficult to learn something for the first time from as it assumes that already know some things and explains very briefly. I am sure however that I will find it more useful towards the end of my course when revising.
on 17 January 2014
I got this book from a friend of me who did the Edexcel Physics before me. I do appreciate her giving a book to me. But this book itself is poorly written and difficult to understand.
on 21 September 2013
Very happy with the product and service. My son finds this very useful for his AS Physics school work. The condition was very good.
on 19 December 2011
The book is very good, buying it for such a low price is even better and i received it so quickly which made me so happy.