on 4 September 2009
I bought this book for my granddaughter and she thinks that both the books are great. They have a lot of different sections in them to do with things she is learning at school and finds them a great help. I used the same title book when I was at school in the late 1960's and they are as much use now as I found them to be.

Smashing idea and will never be outdated for English lessons etc.
on 30 January 2010
I have a grandson who is struggling with grammar and I was finding it difficult to help with all the parts of speech. I remembered back to my days at school and parsing sentences etc., and 'First Aid in English' came to mind. I was amazed to find this very useful book in its new form, but still with all the helpful information.

if you are doing anything with English grammar this book will be invaluable, it is just basic information in an accesible format. If verbs, adverbs, adjectives and other parts of speach are a mystery this book will be very useful, especially coupled with its partner book 'Answers to...'
on 23 November 2013
Had this for my children and now updated for my grandchildren. The benefit of these books hopefully will develop in their education.
on 30 May 2011
In my opinion, very good book for children in KS1 and 2, my son is preparing for the 11 plus and I found it extremely useful, with the synonyms and antonyms. It has so many useful exercises that come up in the 11 plus papers. Would definately recommend.
on 20 March 2012
I have various versions of this book that have been published over the years - a treasury of knowledge. Alas it shows the loss to the vocabulary of our language that we have suffered.
on 19 July 2010
This book is very easy to follow, work through and understand. I will recommend every school, college, unversity student or if you have left school for a long time to get it. Real brain teaser.
on 29 April 2015
This would be even more useful if the question book had arrived at the same time!!! Ordered together but still have to receive the text book !!! Still waiting after 3 months
on 23 November 2010
The answers to The New First in English is very handy it.s surprising how many of these answers have faded in your memory it,s a "must buy" book for the would be teacher.
on 24 February 2013
Good basic English book for Y5 and Y6 students. Also a support book for Selective school admission seekers. I recommend this book very much.
on 27 December 2012
Good book to use to improve English. Lots of practice examples.Can use again and again. Highly recommended., god value for the price too.