on 24 November 2006
I have recently started using this book, together with the optional audio CDs. So far I have found it well structured, accurate (tested against my Filipino friends) and relevant. As a complete beginner I think it is fine and I don't think it pretends to be anything other than for beginners. I find the presentation and layout of the book a bit dull - but I guess a more glossy presentation would simply make it more expensive. The audio CDs are OK, but I would have preferred more of the sections of each lesson to be covered. Compared to the apparently much praised "Basic Tagalog" by P.S. Aspillera (which I also have), I find this course more digestible and less old fashioned though I believe "Basic Tagalog" is currently being revised.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Complete Filipino (Tagalog): Teach Yourself
Complete Filipino (Tagalog): Teach Yourself by Laurence McGonnell (Paperback - 24 Sept. 2010)

Basic Tagalog for Foreigners and Non-Tagalogs (Tuttle Language Library)
Basic Tagalog for Foreigners and Non-Tagalogs (Tuttle Language Library) by Paraluman S. Aspillera (Paperback - 31 Aug. 2007)

Concise English Tagalog Dictionary (Tuttle Language Library)
Concise English Tagalog Dictionary (Tuttle Language Library) by Jose Villa Panganiban (Paperback - 22 Dec. 1997)