5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Text with Plenty for Young People, 28 July 2010
Sir Furboy (Aberystwyth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Adventure Bible: New International Version (Bible Niv) (Hardcover)
For many years I was involved in Christian youth work, and I used to search high and low for a good Bible for children and young people. There were books of Bible stories and there were adult Bibles, but really there was nothing in between except "the Good News Bible" which attempted to have an accessible text.

But that was not what I was looking for. What I wanted was a Bible that contained other information and snippets and study guides in the text geared towards young people. I finally found something suitable in America, but it was not available in the UK.

This Bible fills that niche. Both my daughters have a copy. The younger daughter is still a little to young for it but my 9 year old reads hers often and the study aids are extremely helpul, guiding her reading, filling in context and such like. I expect the guides will remain useful for many years to come, and being a full NIV Bible, it is also useful just for what it is.

Recommended for children and young people.

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV Adventure Bible, 27 July 2010
These Bibles are great! Arrived very quickly and in good condition. The text is the normal NIV but there are little inserts with information about the era/people and some ideas of activities to do to help you remember what you've read. I bought them as prizes for our aptly named "Adventurers" childrens group and I think they went down well.

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV Adventure Bible, 2 May 2010
REM (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
The most important book you'll ever read. Good value for money, interesting and informative asides and facts about life in the times the people lived. Good explanations and diagrams. I buy quite a lot of these to give to kids at the church club.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughters bible, 21 Sept. 2013
A Great bible and just what my daughter wanted for a good price, sent in good time as well. Thank you for this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for me as well as my daughters, 29 Nov. 2013
What an excellent bible. My daughters and I have had conversations guided by the notes on the pages of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 30 May 2014
Super value for money. A few marks, but to be expected for 1p! All the text is easily legible. Not suitable as a present though due to the few marks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Jun. 2015
hi my granddaughter loved this book and takes it to church

NIV Adventure Bible: New International Version (Bible Niv)
NIV Adventure Bible: New International Version (Bible Niv) by IBS UK International Bible Society (Hardcover - 15 July 2004)
Used & New from: £11.99