5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 29 July 2006
P. Bury "Penny Bury" (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey into God's Heart: The True Story of a Life of Faith (Paperback)
This book is indeed a real, true story - self-effacing and wart-including. It has most of the qualities I love in a book: warmth, honesty, interest, adventure, inspiration, challenge and, above all, a gripping (true) story-line. I usually race through books but this deserved better. But be warned: It's not the sort of book you can read and forget about!

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, powerful story of a life of amazing faith, 17 July 2009
C. Bushell (England) - See all my reviews
This book so moved me that I bought and circulated about 8 copies, which have all been enjoyed by others in our Church. Immensely encouraging and truly inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honesty, 13 Nov 2009
C. A. Greiner "Creative4God" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is a real honest look at life with God. A friend lent me this book and when I was finished I ordered 2 copies from Amazon... One for me to mark up and re-read and one to give away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 8 Oct 2011
Gill (Broadstairs, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm still reading this book but getting so much blessing and encouragement from it, I want to recommend it heartily. Jennifer has managed to share so much about her relationship with Jesus in a very honest way, and you're not left feeling as with some authors, "Wow!...but I could never possibly achieve what he/she has done!" She talks practically about forgiveness, she reminds us that it was a NEW Christian who was told by God to pray for her healing, she shares her problems with shyness for many years, she talks about the scepticism she faced from Christians preferring to believe traditional evangelical doctrine that "God no longer intervenes supernaturally today" (where did that teaching come from? It's not scriptural!)and how hurtful it was that they preferred to call her a liar rather than choose to believe her account of her miraculous healing. She also shares anecdotes of supernatural encounters with God, eg visions, an audible word, surely an angel taking the form of a dog as an answer to prayer to save her from a nasty experience, times where she has felt a strong sense of his guidance, but also very difficult times too. The most surprising thing she shared is how when she got her healing, it actually created some problems and it maybe helps to illustrate what Jesus meant in John 5 when he asked the sick man (for 38 years) lying by the pool, "Do you want to get well?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 April 2013
Having read two of Jennifer Rees Larcombes previous books I thought that this might be just more of the same! However I have been pleasantly surprised. This book is a real eye opener...one tends to think of some of these well known names as "super spiritual" but Jennifer's absolute honesty expressing some of her own crisis experiences and the way God has dealt with situations is so encouraging. I have not quite finished this book but I know it will be a treasure for years to come and I will want others to read it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has got to be my favourite Christian testimony ever, 12 Oct 2014
This has got to be my favourite Christian testimony ever. I first read it when I was 18 (I'm 25 now) and was so inspired by her faith even through unfair and tough circumstances.
I've heard her speak publicly a couple of times and she is my faith role model. For some reason I even wished that my life would become like hers in the context of "In Him we live and move and have our being", and it's actually happened. Unfortunately with similar heartaches and losses though. This book reminds me to keep going when I'm lost and confused as to what God is doing with/to me. 5 stars all the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story and testament to Gods healing touch., 23 Jun 2014
I read this fantastic story some years ago and attended a ladies breakfast with her at a church in Warwickshire. Jennifer is an absolute delight. The book was a gift for a friend who wants to invite her to her own church in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Sep 2014
Interesting read into the life of Jennifer Rees Larcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 10 Sep 2014
A story of a very emotional journey a must read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Nov 2014
very helpful & honest

Journey into God's Heart: The True Story of a Life of Faith
Journey into God's Heart: The True Story of a Life of Faith by Jennifer Rees Larcombe (Paperback - 16 Feb 2006)