5.0 out of 5 stars Throughly enjoyable., 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: Whortle's Hope (Deptford Mouselets S.) (Paperback)
If you liked the Deptford Mice trilogy then you will enjoy this book. The second book in the trilogy- The Crystal Prison was always my favourite even though I found it the saddest of the three, in some ways. I always thought the setting of Fennywolde and the corn field was idyllic, and this book fleshes out some of the characters we've met in The Crystal Prison- Young Whortle has his own mini adventure and the characters of his four main band of friends Hodge, Todkin, Skinny Samuel and Figgy are fleshed out, along with those of Jenkin and Figgy's delightful sister Dimsel. The story takes place a year before Arthur and Audrey arrive with Twit, as the Fennywolde games are about to start, and Young Whortle is desperate to win. We also find out more about Captain Fenlyn Purfote- the field's namesake, and the rat gods Hobb and Mabb.

If you enjoyed the trilogy then you will definitely enjoy this more in- depth look into the lives of the Fennywolders!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 30 Dec 2009
Ms. Hayley E. Watson (england, northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whortle's Hope (Deptford Mouselets S.) (Paperback)
I was very pleased when I recieved this book - as the quality of both the product and the service was more than satisfactory. The book I recieved was classed as 'good', when actually it was more 'like new' - also came in time for christmas :)
My sister really enjoys the series and this is a nice little addition to her collection xx

ARRAY(0xb3ff5258)

Whortle's Hope (Deptford Mouselets S.)
Whortle's Hope (Deptford Mouselets S.) by Robin Jarvis (Paperback - 1 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: 0.44