Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 June 2014
Being a big fan of Bargain Hunt and other similar TV shows I was aware of Philip Serrell as an Expert & Auctioneer but was totally unaware that he was now an author. I was therefore delighted to find "An Auctioneer's Lot" and "Sold to the Man With the Tin Leg" whilst browsing through the Kindle Store last month. I found them outrageously funny and "unputdownable". I look forward to Mr. Serrell's next efforts and (in the nicest possible way) and see him becoming the "James Herriot" of the Auctioneers world.
on 2 May 2016
A really nice book that I enjoyed immensely. The only problem I have is - He only wrote two in the series! So come on Phillip Serrell stop being lazy.
on 12 December 2012
As I have never lived in the country, this view of rural life was an interesting window on life now largely gone and rarely seen by townies like me
on 11 February 2014
I live just down the road from Phillip Serrell's auction house and it was great to read this collection of anecdotes and imaging them going on just up the road and in the local area. I found the book fascinating and amusing, a great light read that offers a slight insight into the trade along with some incredible characters and homes. I loved the history, would have enjoyed a lot more! Looking forward to reading his second book now and Phil if you read this I would love to work with you!
on 30 August 2010
Phillip Serrell writes just as he talks. You can imagine him telling you the stories as you read. The book is great and as I now have both of his books I am very pleased. Seeing Phillip on "Bargin Hunt" as an Expert and as an Auctioneer it was great to get his books and not be disappointed on the content and how they are written.
I would recommend this book to any one who likes a laugh and as each chapter is a short story it can be put down and picked up later.

Thanks Phillip
on 3 December 2013
I enjoyed this book immensely, it has been written with a look at Phillp's journey into the world of the auctioneer.
Sometimes funny, sometimes a bit tongue in the cheek but it shows what an interesting vocation he chose.
It is light hearted and easy to read and will bring back memories to those over a certain age and has given me an insight to the man we see on the box.
I gave this 4 stars because it is not a masterpiece but an entertaining read.
on 26 June 2012
This book arrived quickly in very good condition with the bonus that it is signed by the author. It is a very easy read with gentle tales of Phillip Serrells life. Anyone who watches antiques programmes on TV will find this of interest as it gives an insight into the world of an auctioneer whose work is very varied and interesting.Gentle humour that exudes a love for life and the characters of this world.
on 31 December 2012
If you appreciate Philip Serrell' s sense of humour on 'Bargain Hunt' and 'Flog it' then this is for you. Funny, clever and with a great insight into the antiques business, even for someone who lives in Hungerford, one of the antique centres of England. Well worth a read. Philip's self deprecation is wonderful especially when combined with such wonderful knowledge of the antiques business.
on 26 November 2012
I cried laughing! Philip has a dry sense of humour and his adventures as a trainee auctioneer were unexpected and very varied. He certainly didn't spend much time indoors and the eccentric characters he met led great charm to the story. I had already read the sequel"Sold to the man with the wooden leg" and thoroughly recommend both books. I didn't want to put either down.
on 26 June 2015
As I have said, so good if any one has an old relatives please get them these cds .