Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 4 June 2016
Chris Manby is one of my favourite authors and I have read her books for many years. I would go as far as to say I liked if not loved all of them, so I thought this was just the ticket for a fun, light read, but that just didn't turn out to be the case for me.

I thought this novel would be about whether the lead character Heidi was ready to marry the very nice man she lives with, Ed. However, for me the emphasis here seemed heavily weighted toward her best friend's baby and her love life. Occasionally our hesitant wife to be mentioned work and her colleagues and my interest piqued, but the descriptions of Ed's rugby pals childish carry on and our heroine's endless ruminating generally about her life without any dialouge for pages or any real action irritated me so much.

This is just my reaction and there is nothing is essentially wrong here, if you are looking for a very light and uninvolving read try this.
on 11 February 2008
I started reading this book as a bit of light girly reading and got completely locked in to the characters. I found myself creating situations where I could sneak a couple more pages. I really enjoyed it and was quite sad to finish but needed to know how it ended, and I wasn't disappointed. Thoroughly recommended.
on 21 June 2011
I really enjoyed this Chris Manby novel - have only recently discovered her and I am working my way through all of her books. Would definitely recommend this, I identified with the characters and the plot and thought it was an easy, great read. Perfect for rainy weekend or holiday!
on 4 August 2007
I thought this book deserved 4 stars because it was interesting, consistent and a light, easy read (which was what I was seeking at the time). However, I'm apprehensive to give it 5 stars, because I didn't feel this book was truly 'excellent', just good (I've tended to have rated Manby's other books similarly to this one). It was interesting, somewhat original and mildly amusing. If you're looking for a light, interesting book to read by the pool/beach, this is a good start. But be warned - it's nothing really special.
on 28 March 2005
I have read most of the authors other books so picked this one up and didn't put it down again till it was finished.
it is easy to read and laugh out loud funny at bits.
a good light read that will definitely cheer you up and lift your spirits!!
wont change your life but will most definitely brighten your day!!
on 30 June 2015
This was a lovely surprise of a book! Very light, very easy to read, fun and feel-good. "Chick-lit" is my guilty pleasure and this was a joy!

A typical plot - Heidi is engaged to Ed. With three months to go to the big day, the nerves overwhelm her at the same time a certain ex boyfriend makes an appearance. Who will she choose?

Chances are, if you're a fan of this genre, you've read many books like this one. But don't let that put you off - this was a treat. Four easy stars!
on 7 February 2005
I went on holiday this January and thought, like most, what books shall i take to acompany my relaxing time. Walking around the book shop i stumbled across this and though 'why not' thinking to myself it was a light read and easy to pick up and put down while away. Turns out i didnt put it down, from the moment i opened the first page i couldn't stop. Easy to read, fun and girly. A must have holiday read.
on 26 October 2013
Funny and of course another great read from Chris Manby... more please her books make me laugh out loud, great way to relax and get absorbed in another world.
on 27 September 2013
It's like the author wrote it when drunk, read it through and then thought 'F**k this makes no sense! Better put some random c**p at the end to make it less stupid.' I was so bored by it. Not up to the usual standard. Getting personal was awesome but this one.... don't even waste your time.
on 11 July 2007
this book has been really good ive read two books by him and both where funny and a book you cant put down!