5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for holiday reading
Published on 18 Oct. 2003 by Kirsty

2.0 out of 5 stars A decent distraction
This book would be a good distraction or a decent holiday read if you didn't want something you needed to think too much about, but it wasn't for me.
Published on 21 May 2009 by R. Hunter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for holiday reading, 18 Oct. 2003
Kirsty (South Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Hardcover)
As a fan of Chris Manby after reading 'Lizzie Jordans secret life' and thoroughly enjoying that i looked forward to reading the latest novel from her. 'Seven Sunny days' didn't disppoint despite being slightly different from her other novels such as 'Running away from Richard' and 'Getting personal' as it featured people seperately and it wasnt all interlinked. The plot centers on Rachel, the bride to be who feels that her mother in law is taking over her marriage plans, Yaslyn the beautiful ex model who has the same insecurities as the rest of us and Carrie Ann, who is getting over her divorce, who all go on a hen week holiday to Turkey, however it doesnt all go exactly to plan when they have a slight fall out! Other charcters who feature in the book are the holiday reps Giles the handsome tennis rep who trys to seduce all the ladies but not always successfully! All in all a top novel very funny and a must read for manby fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read!, 17 July 2008
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
I absolutely LOVED this book! I have never related to the characters so much in a book as I did this one, it is a fab book! All the characters have got something going on in their lives, and all find themselves on holiday in the same place where they realise things about themselved! Absolutely loved this book! Am glad I brought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seven Sunny Days by Chris Manby, 5 July 2007
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
this book was really funny i couldn't put it down, i read though it so fast on hoilday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Cold Nights, 22 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
It took me two cold Wintry nights to finish this funny and enjoyable book that is set in a hot holiday resort in Turkey.
Rachael, Carrie Ann and Yaslyn are off on a hen week to the sun and this book follows them (and some other interesting characters) through the week.
The 3 main characters in it though all very different, have their own endearing characteristics and by the end of the book I found myself really caring what happened to them and feeling as if I really knew them.
The story follows a similar style to the rest of Chris Manby's work and has plenty of tears, laughter and an all important "aaww" moment. It was completely unputdownable and a great read.
I would thoroughly recommend Seven Sunny Days if only to get you away from the horrid January nights as you are transported to the (slightly tacky but sunny) holiday resort in Turkey.

2.0 out of 5 stars A decent distraction, 21 May 2009
R. Hunter (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
The book seemed to drag on for ages, and in the end it was a chore to finish it. I predicted the 'twist' about a quarter of the way through the book. I didn't care about any of the characters (in fact, all three of the main characters became quite irritating towards the end).
But as I said, if you want something to read on the beach, it's probably ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed it and disposed of it when we left UK ..., 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
I read this book quite a few years ago, read it, enjoyed it and disposed of it when we left UK to live abroad. However, I decided I wanted to re-read it and recently ordered a copy from Amazon.co.uk I went away for a few days, to another Island and took the book with me and have enjoyed it even more the second time!!! Funny, light-hearted and an easy read on the beach/by the pool. Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars almost a waste of time...., 6 Jun. 2009
Amazon Customer (The Hague, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
It's a summer read, so no high expectations to begin with... but still...even summer reads should have SOME kind of standards! the story is actually boring, you can't help but be frustrated with Rachel for being pushed over so much, Jaslyn for being such a flimsy... the only two people you actually like are Carrie Ann and Marcus.
waste of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Girly Book, 7 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read by Chris Manby and I loved it. This is a book you can easily relate too. It is really funny.

It is set in Turkey, Rachel, Yaslyn and Carrie Ann are off on a hen week. All three girls are different characters and it works well. This is just a really girly book and great for you too take on holiday.

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor story line, 1 Jan. 2012
V. Franklin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Hardcover)
I was really dissapointed with this book. I didnt warm to or care about any of the characters, some off them seemed unecessary and added nothing to the pretty non-existent plot. Won't be reading any other Manby books in a hurry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Seven Sunny Days (Paperback)
Am a huge chick-lit fan & have recently read a few of Chris Manby's other books which were easy to read & really funny. I was so disappointed with Seven Sunny Days. It seemed to drag with no real story line. Very disappointed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Seven Sunny Days
Seven Sunny Days by Chrissie Manby (Paperback - 10 Oct. 2005)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available