on 29 October 2014
good read.
on 9 December 2012
This book continues Roland and the ka tet's story. It smashes through the wierd barrier and emerges the other side, finding you accepting the stretches of imagination required to understand King's vison, and champing at the bit for the finale of this epic saga! And the tower is closer.
on 10 April 2007
Not bad but not as good as the first five basically sums this one up.

It feels like a stop gap before the finale. The Susannah/Mia thing gets old. Susannahs character always feels the most cliched and silly to me particularly when in Detta Walker mode and for me a whole book of Susannah is a bit much.

Still its not bad and dont even think of skipping from 5 to 7.
on 6 January 2015
Superb
on 26 February 2010
this book is terrible, and I had loved the series until now. However I am onto the beginning of the Dark Tower and it seems to be back to previous form, mostly due to the fact we don't have to hear about the 'saviour' Mr King!!!
on 13 June 2016
Good
on 5 June 2005
I like to think of myself as one of SK's CRs (constant readers) and have read all of his books. I only recently got into the dark tower series and have read all the dark tower books published so far. I don't normally enjoy fantasy but when I was reading the books I felt so involved in the story and with the characters and really enjoyed the books. This last book is no different - I was suprised when he appeared in the book himself but enjoyed the diary part about his other books where he emphasised links in others stories to the dark tower and each other that I had noticed before.
An excellent story - if less violent than wolves. I can't wait for volume 7
on 3 August 2004
I read the reviews of this book before buying it and i was scared by what i read, most of the reviews said the book was a let down, and that Stephen King went off on some mad ego trip by including himself in the text, how wrong those people were, SK including himself in the book was a bold step but one that needed to be done, by including S Lot in the DT5, how could he not bring himself into the truely amazing vortex we call the Dark Tower? In short my friends, this book is brill, i can not wait for the final installment, my only worry is what's next from SK?
on 9 August 2005
Yet another cliffhanger...possibly the worst one yet!! Very clever how King writes himself into the story, but an odd choice of fate for himself! Only he could have managed to feature almost every other book he's ever written in this story. It begs the question "Is the 'Dark Tower' series the one goal he has strived so hard to attain in all his years of writing??" I can't wait to finish the quest, yet with sadness as, after episode 7, there will be no more to know! We are well met, sai!
on 22 May 2015