4.0 out of 5 stars an easy read, like talking to a close and wise friend
Published on 4 Sep 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars No help for the non-spiritual
I bought Embracing Uncertainty because I have been looking for a book to help a family member deal with emotional issues surrounding change, and the other reviews are uniformly good. The first few chapters held out some promise, with emphasis on practical advice, but thereafter the book veers off into discussion of "Spirituality" and the "Higher Self", with a...
Published on 15 Dec 2009 by Lit Surfer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars an easy read, like talking to a close and wise friend, 4 Sep 2004
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
This is the first Susan Jeffers book I've read and I highly recommend it. It really has helped to chnage my outlook on life for the better. Instead of wishing things were different or hoping that things will go the way you want them to, Jeffers suggests you detach yourself from your expectations and disappointments and just trust that whatever is happening is all ultimately for the best. This book is well written with a warmth and sense of fun which even had me laughing to myself on the bus. (The guy sitting next to me was having a good read over my shoulder, too!)
The only reason i don't give it 5 stars is because the book leaves you wanting just that bit more information - I guess i'll have to read some of her other books..!

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Jeffers does it again!, 2 Jun 2002
By A Customer
Susan Jeffers has written another extremely useful book expanding on some of the ideas to be found in Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway and some brand new areas as well. The book is extremely helpful with lots of exercises which I am still working through but the ones I have used were brilliant. A sense of calm and peace can be achieved by reading this book and doing the exercises but as always Susan reminds us to not take ourselves too seriously and to have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Embracing Uncertainty, 23 Jan 2006
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
I have read a few of Susan Jeffers books now and to date I feel this is the best.The book is easy to read and follow. It provides numerous excercises that you can complete in your own time. If you take up some of the recommendations from the book I believe you will look on life in a more positive and less stressful way. I have found the book to be a great help but as she says we all need reminders, so I will be re-reading the book at intervals. I wonder if anyone else will benefit from the book as much as I do ? Anyway enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Let go and enjoy life, 7 Jan 2003
I bought this book when I was facing a lot of changes in my life. I did not know which way to turn. Reading this book was a relief. The exercises helped me relax and not worry so much about controlling the outcome of every event in my life. The book helped me see uncertainty as an exciting journey, rather than something to be feared. A great read and something that gets better with each reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful unlifting read, 4 Aug 2002
By A Customer
I bought this book because at times I feel the need for a spiritual read. This was one of those times. This is a very practical book which has plenty of visualisation exercises which I am pleased to say I am incorporating into my life. It's not your typical spiritual book but it does help to put things in a different perspective. I found that I was constanly thinking negative things about my life. After reading this book I can say I am changing, for the better, and will continue to use this book as a reference point. It's an uplifting book written in a very positive way. A definite for your bookshelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book!, 29 Oct 2006
E.Z.M (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
This is my favourite Susan Jeffers' book by far. I have read most of her books and love them all but this particular one spoke to me more than others did. I absolutely love the exercises that she presents in this book and they really do work! It has certainly improved my thinking and attitude to life. I am more positive and ready to move forward with my life with more confidence and faith. I highly recommend this book to anyone who would love to change their life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars really helpful, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
after being like the author seeking certainty all the time and driving myself mad in the process i might add i decided to look into going with the flow and it really worked for me with certain things but others i couldn't stop hoping about and i knew i had to give it up. hope has never been a good thing for me, whenever i have hoped I've been hurt, disappointed and become really insecure about so with the help of this book i'm going with i wonder now, hope is banned from my vocabulary! i've found that it's a much better way to be and i've become less controlling over how i want certainties but at the same time it terrifies me but i'm sure i'll get there!
i've been told this book is very pessimistic and so must i be for reading it but the person who said that neither understands it or read it so they can't say much! i happen to think that hope has its downsides and it can leave you feeling stuck and insecure if you're not careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and useful, 8 April 2014
Eluska Fernandez "e fernan" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
This is a great book. It offers very helpful ideas on how to embrace uncertainty in life. I found it very useful. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good reading, 9 Feb 2014
D. Mcnab (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
i chose this book for teenagers and adults to read and all found it inspiring. Will recommend it for others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots to learn from, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
There is a lot to take in and digest with this book. Is definetely one of those books that need to be read again, and dipped into again and again, to retrain negative thinking. Very enjoyable and challenging.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Embracing Uncertainty
Embracing Uncertainty by Susan Jeffers (Paperback - 1 Sep 2003)
6.29