4.0 out of 5 stars an easy read, like talking to a close and wise friend
Published on 4 Sept. 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars No help for the non-spiritual
I bought Embracing Uncertainty because I have been looking for a book to help a family member deal with emotional issues surrounding change, and the other reviews are uniformly good. The first few chapters held out some promise, with emphasis on practical advice, but thereafter the book veers off into discussion of "Spirituality" and the "Higher Self", with a...
Published on 15 Dec. 2009 by Lit Surfer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars an easy read, like talking to a close and wise friend, 4 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
This is the first Susan Jeffers book I've read and I highly recommend it. It really has helped to chnage my outlook on life for the better. Instead of wishing things were different or hoping that things will go the way you want them to, Jeffers suggests you detach yourself from your expectations and disappointments and just trust that whatever is happening is all ultimately for the best. This book is well written with a warmth and sense of fun which even had me laughing to myself on the bus. (The guy sitting next to me was having a good read over my shoulder, too!)
The only reason i don't give it 5 stars is because the book leaves you wanting just that bit more information - I guess i'll have to read some of her other books..!

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Jeffers does it again!, 2 Jun. 2002
By A Customer
Susan Jeffers has written another extremely useful book expanding on some of the ideas to be found in Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway and some brand new areas as well. The book is extremely helpful with lots of exercises which I am still working through but the ones I have used were brilliant. A sense of calm and peace can be achieved by reading this book and doing the exercises but as always Susan reminds us to not take ourselves too seriously and to have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Embracing Uncertainty, 23 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
I have read a few of Susan Jeffers books now and to date I feel this is the best.The book is easy to read and follow. It provides numerous excercises that you can complete in your own time. If you take up some of the recommendations from the book I believe you will look on life in a more positive and less stressful way. I have found the book to be a great help but as she says we all need reminders, so I will be re-reading the book at intervals. I wonder if anyone else will benefit from the book as much as I do ? Anyway enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Let go and enjoy life, 7 Jan. 2003
I bought this book when I was facing a lot of changes in my life. I did not know which way to turn. Reading this book was a relief. The exercises helped me relax and not worry so much about controlling the outcome of every event in my life. The book helped me see uncertainty as an exciting journey, rather than something to be feared. A great read and something that gets better with each reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful unlifting read, 4 Aug. 2002
By A Customer
I bought this book because at times I feel the need for a spiritual read. This was one of those times. This is a very practical book which has plenty of visualisation exercises which I am pleased to say I am incorporating into my life. It's not your typical spiritual book but it does help to put things in a different perspective. I found that I was constanly thinking negative things about my life. After reading this book I can say I am changing, for the better, and will continue to use this book as a reference point. It's an uplifting book written in a very positive way. A definite for your bookshelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book!, 29 Oct. 2006
E.Z.M (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
This is my favourite Susan Jeffers' book by far. I have read most of her books and love them all but this particular one spoke to me more than others did. I absolutely love the exercises that she presents in this book and they really do work! It has certainly improved my thinking and attitude to life. I am more positive and ready to move forward with my life with more confidence and faith. I highly recommend this book to anyone who would love to change their life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
Perfect reading for anyone with fears for the future however large or small . It gives real tools to cope with the unknown . I buy copies all the time for friends going through the problems that life throws at us all

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and inspiring read!, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
As Usual, Dr. Jeffers has produced an informative and inspiring book.

As a counsellor specialising in work with bereaved people, I will certainly use many of Dr. Jeffer's ideas and quotes in my work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots to learn from, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
There is a lot to take in and digest with this book. Is definetely one of those books that need to be read again, and dipped into again and again, to retrain negative thinking. Very enjoyable and challenging.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool-box!, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Embracing Uncertainty (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from the library. I found it so helpful and inspiring that I had to buy a copy. I think that says it all. I was so sad to learn of Susan's death. She has left behind a wonderful legacy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Embracing Uncertainty
Embracing Uncertainty by Susan Jeffers (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2003)