5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life already
I probably shouldnt write a review before the end of a book--But this book has excited me so much, the first 100 pages is a lot of essential information you need before you get to the good stuff. By the time I got to page 120 I was extremly excited.
Published on 22 Sep 2003 by Natascha

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much reliance on symbols and other leaps of faith
Unlike some other reviewers who have marked this down because it did not give them much technical/historical background to Kabbalah, my low mark is due to the failing of this as a self help book, which I understand to be the main point of it.

It all goes well at the start with some genuinely helpful ways at looking at some problems. But then you hit the...
Published on 30 July 2012 by Pete

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life already, 22 Sep 2003
This review is from: The Power of Kabbalah (Paperback)
I have been having alot of drama in my life for a couple of years and carrying around alot of saddness, this book has taught me how to lift myself out of the hole I was in. The exercises in this book would be life long and would take work, focus and effort, however I am already reaping the rewards. I highly recommomend this book to anyone who needs to let happiness into their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel like my eyes have been opened!, 16 Feb 2003
This review is from: The Power of Kabbalah (Paperback)
I love the way this book is presented. You need not know a thing about the Kabbalah to gain wisdom and insight from the well written work which is presented so it can be easily read and well understood by anyone, anywhere.
The examples offered are simple and reflective of everyday life and you can see the point being made clearly.
There is no mumbo-jumbo or technical jargon to throw you off-course, this book tells it like it is.
If you are on a spiritual path - this book is a great source of thought provoking information and states clearly "Don't believe a thing you read" in order for you to go out and experience it yourself.
I feel like my eyes have been opened! Quite frankly, you don't need to have a religious background to appreaciate the lessons being taught in this book. It's like a "how to survive life guide" that we should have been taught at school! It just makes so much sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars How the practical wisdom enshrined in the ancient science of Kabbalah can give us the tools to completely change our lives and l, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Power of Kabbalah: This Book Contains the Secrets of the Universe and the Meaning of Our Lives (Paperback)
I have read a great many self help books and some on Kabbalah. This book by Rav Berg is not a detailed exposition of the mysticism of Kabbalah as such but rather a book of how the practical wisdom enshrined in the ancient science of Kabbalah can give us the tools to completely change our lives and live full, meaningful, plentiful , happy and healthy lives.
This book contains true enlightenment, and comfort as well as giving us the tools to bring balance and fulfillment to our lives and abolish emotional pain and fear.

The author explains Kabbalah as an ancient hidden wisdom that reveals and unifies the physical and spiritual laws of life.

As the source of all spiritual teachings of this planet, predating religion, Adam and Eve and even Creation of the world itself.

He explains how the Kabbalah has influenced the most important thinkers and scientists throughout history such as Aristotle, John Dee, Isaac Newton,. Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein.
As Rav Berg explains 'Kabbalah was and continues to be the original technology of life. It's the science of the soul and the physic and metaphysics of fulfillment'

This books explains our inner being as being driven by desire, We are described as a vessel and light is used as the code word , a metaphor offered by the ancient kabbalists to convey the broad spectrum of fulfillment for which human beings long.
Rav Berg explains how the ancient wisdom of Kabbalah can eradicate the chaos that causes unhappiness in our lives, turn on the light and vanquish the darkness.
Pushing back of the light is resistance and we have to overcome the resistance which constricts the light and creates darkness in the vessel, Kabbalah explains how we can do this.

Rav Berg explains how Kabbalah teaches us how to remove the layers of cloth one strip at a time to reassemble the puzzle of Creation and bring even more light into our lives"

He instructs us how mediation on certain Hebrew letters he gives here can :

1 Remove compulsive or recurring negative thoughts

8 Return to the seed level of our existence

9 Give us the strength to stand after we fall

10 Give us the courage trio speak and hear the truth

He lists and expounds on Kabbalah's 13 rules of the game
And lastly gives us a brief history of Kabbalah. And the roles played by including others Abraham, Moses, Pythagoras, Plato and Aristotle, Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai and Rabbi Isaac Luria.

5.0 out of 5 stars spiritual bliss, 7 Sep 2004
kevin cepek (Newport, Gwent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is really special, it pushes aside all the hype and strict 1 way teachings that other religions are so often guilty of but you shouldnt believe everything i am telling you as you should discover it for yourself thats a important rule of Kabbalah, this book started me of in following this way of life and i have never looked back, and a significant change has entered my life ever since. all i can say is read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what an intro!, 27 April 2002
This review is from: The Power of Kabbalah (Hardcover)
Not really knowing or understanding the basic principles of the Kabbalah - this book was instrumental in opening my eyes to new possiblities. it is written in a clear and easily definable manner - Yahuda Berg gently guides you towards enlightenment in a refreshingly uncomplex method. this book inspires further investigation and promotes a healthy and spiritually profitable future without being focussed on one specific belief system. I heartily recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fluent guide, 31 July 2002
J. A. Storey "John S" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Power of Kabbalah (Hardcover)
The Power of Kabbalah, the book, is written by Yehuda Berg, the son of Rav Berg and, like someone born into a foreign culture, Yehuda comes across as naturally fluent and entirely at home with his subject, with a simple way of expressing concepts that have seemed shrouded in obscurity for centuries.
This is not a dry exposition of intellectual ideas. It is a thoroughly practical handbook of wisdom. Yehuda Berg describes our true nature, the nature of the universe and the underlying reason for our discontent.
One of the greatest lessons of this book is that our deepest desire is to be the cause of our own fulfilment, and that we achieve this by resisting our reactive impulses and making proactive choices at every step in our lives. He gives many examples, drawn from all areas of life, of how we might offer this resistance and make a better choice. I have lived for many years with the wisdom of proactivity, which I learned from Steven Covey's wonderful book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. But I have to say that, despite those many years of working with proactivity, this new book seriously deepened my understanding of what proactivity was all about, and especially the spiritual dimension behind such actions. This greater understanding has helped me to take proactive decisions with increased confidence, and I have made several such decisions as a direct result of my contact with this book.
The discussions of scientific theory compared to Kabbalistic teaching I found absolutely fascinating, with striking parallels in the Big Bang theory and the ten-dimensional superstring theory of the universe.
Yehuda Berg also provides a good introduction to the 72 "Names of God", their origin and relevance to our lives. This may be a step too far for some readers and needs to be approached with an open mind. But as the author says of the whole book, "Don't believe a word of what you read. There must be tangible results in your direct experience. When that happens, you will feel the truth of Kabbalah in your body and soul, and you will come to know the wisdom of the sages in your heart."
Whether you are a complete newcomer to the Kabbalah, or have already been introduced, there is something to learn from this book. It has become a treasured possession for me; one that I will want to dip into often and read through more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tool for spiritual growth - Hands-on!, 11 July 2008
P. Garcia (Paisley) - See all my reviews
My view on this book is that if you are honest and really serious about finding real fullfilment in your heart and in your life, independently from your finantial, or emotional, or psichological situation which are minor considerations in terms of happiness, this is the place to start looking. The concepts in it are not new to me at all, but the way it is explained and presented, makes it easy for you to learn what you don't know or validate what you know.

Of Course it is not only important as a book. It is also a navigation tool, if you internalize the teachings and put them to practice in a consistent way. You don't need to be jewish, or any other religion to enjoy and appreciate this book. I was born catholic, but became agnostic by conviction later on in life, and the teachings are made for JUST any person under the sun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Power of Kabbalah (Paperback)
This book is truly amazing. A fantastic place to begin with Kabbalah. Deliberately uncomplicated and refreshing text makes fantastic reading. Simple workable principles are revealed that genuinely improve day to day living.
Berg doesn't boggle the reader with religious texts but instead leaves you wanting to explore more. Inspiring.
The only problem is the first one hundred pages details the basic concepts of creation etc and are slightly tedius. Stick with it, the book comes good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read if you're ready to expand your mind, 15 Sep 2012
This book is for people who question Religion, society, who we are, where we come from, yet have a deep spirituality they want to tap into. I found it very informative and enlightening.

5.0 out of 5 stars immense book, 12 April 2005
By A Customer
I like reading about different religious practices and have an open mind however this book is the only book anyone should ever read you dont need anything else it contains everything that a person needs to know to navigate the ups and downs of life its simple to read and on looking back I have grasped its very complex idea's without realising it at the time, fantastic, should be called the the life manual.