5.0 out of 5 stars A love story with a twist.
Published on 6 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover
Hello - very strange - has the same cover picture as Alice Hoffman's The Third Angel.....
Published on 1 Oct 2008 by Mrs. L. A. Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story with a twist., 6 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Travelling Light (Paperback)
This debut novel is a real treat. Curl up on the sofa with a box of tissues and enjoy! The main plot of Todd battling with aids acts as a vehicle for Kittle to examine the way families deal with homosexuality and illness. To say the book is about Aids would be doing it an injustice. It is much more about love in all it's forms, between a couple, brother and sister, and a teacher and her young pupil. An easy read which moves along at a fast pace I was touched by Kittle's gentle observation and sobbed my heart out more than once. Brilliant, I look forward to the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real tear-jerker, 25 April 2002
This review is from: Travelling Light (Paperback)
I picked up this book completely by chance on a boat because I had nothing else to read. I had never heard of Katrina Kittle so really didn't know what to expect.
I was so very impressed that I couldn't put it down, and the first day of my holiday was spent crying all over it.
Kittle introduces the characters in such a way that you get to know them, and really feel as though you are going through their trials and tribulations with them. I had never read about anyone with Aids before and Kittle certainly doesn't glamourize it; you get a real insight into the heartache caused by a family member dying.
I thought it was a fantastic book. I have no idea but I have to assume that Kittle has experienced a lot of what she writes about, either that or does an amazing amount of research - the story is so realistic. It is definitely in my top ten and I have bought copies for all my friends and family since!
I was so impressed that I immediately bought her 2nd book - Two Truths and a Lie, which I didn't think was half as good - Kittle tried to cram too many story lines into it, but Travelling Light is a much more simple and thought-provoking read. Definitely buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally draining - so well written, 8 April 2011
This review is from: Travelling Light (Paperback)
Summer's career as a ballerina is ended by injury, she is now a teacher. Her brother, Todd, is now seriously ill with Aids, and deteriorating fast. Todd's partner, Jacob, is not accepted by Todd's mother, who thinks homosexuality can be cured. One of Summer's students has just `come out' to his parents, who react badly.

This is so well written, emotionally draining, distressing, and full of love - a real roller coaster of emotions. An excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good service, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: Travelling Light (Paperback)
The service was quick, efficient and the book in perfect state. Very nice experience. I would order again from the same

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover, 1 Oct 2008
Mrs. L. A. Conway "LC" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

Travelling Light
Travelling Light by Katrina Kittle (Paperback - 7 Sep 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01