5.0 out of 5 stars Tear-jerkingly funny
Mike Gayle's third book didn't turn out to be the 'flop' that I thought it might have been. As usual, his style of writing kept me glued to the book chapter after chapter and I really could not put it down. It is written with his usual wit which makes the reader definitely feel like the events are taking place in their life. I thought the e-mailing throughout would...
Published on 6 Sep 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars 30 is a State of Mind
Matt believes he has it all with a great job in New York and a live-in girlfriend who he thinks will be the one. Not the one for life perhaps, but certainly the one that will be with him when he turns 30 in a few short months. Matt's life plan has always been to be settled down by 30, but this plan slips when his girlfriend leaves him and he decides to return to...
Published on 28 Jan 2008 by Sam Tyler

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Excellent, Amazing,Brilliant, Wonderful-THE BEST!, 25 Jan 2001
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
Superb - possibly the best book I have ever read. I have now read all 3 of his books and loved them all, I wait in great anticipation for him to write another!!! If you haven't read it, I suggest the next thing you do is order it - and the other 2 if you haven't read them already!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for us turning 20's as well...., 24 Jan 2001
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
i had read both of mike gayle's previous novels when i came accross this one, and its the best of the lot!!!!! i have an australian friend just like elaine, i am quite like matt myself, and could relate to everything! i'm about to turn 20 and have read it too many times to mention!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - couldn't put it down, 14 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Paperback)
I loved this book! Having read My Legendary Girlfriend and Mr Commitment I was looking forward to this but was a bit worried in case it wasn't as good. But I was not disappointed. It's great. All the characters are so real and so much fun! It had me wondering how they were when I wasn't reading the book - just couldn't wait to get back and find out what they were up to! A definite recommendation to anyone in their 20's 30's 40's - whatever age! It's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, Superb Superb, I need some more, 23 Nov 2000
C. Roberts "krismrob" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
Well what can I say about this utterly talented author that has not been said before? Turning Thirty is one of those books that you simply just cannot put down.
The nice thing about this book is that the ending unlike some books is not that predictable, in fact it has a nice twist at the end. I read Mr. Comittment and thought that this book could not be as good, but in a different way it was, (if not better).
Problem is, I was a little anxious about turning thirty myself next April, now I am just well, plane paranoid as I seem to over anilyse my life in some areas like Matt.
The other problem I now have is that I am having Mike Gayle Withdrawl symptons and NEED a new book by him.

5.0 out of 5 stars A realistic, funny and absorbing read!, 7 Nov 2000
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
An absorbing read which took me less than 48 hours to finish. Turning Thirty is far superior to his previous two books, with more feeling and a quick paced story line. It is a story that anyone who has had a partner, lived with parents, or tried to have a reunion with old friends will find all too realistic. A great book to put a smile on your face, and something that everyone should be able to relate to.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book!!!!!!!!!!!!, 4 Nov 2000
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
This book was one of the most excellent books that I have read. His other books, My Legendary friend and Mr Commitment, were just as funny. I hope that he will bring out another book in time for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ! ! ! ! !, 17 Oct 2000
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
I read his other books first, My Legendary Girfriend and Mr Commitment. Now this...never laughed so much and read so quickly. Gone through very similar. Hope he brings out more and quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Oct 2000
D. Robert (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
I have read Mike Gayle's other books and enjoyed them (especially the 'kebab' line in Mr Commitment). This is my favourite to date though. I could not put the book down, and consequently finished it in one day. All characters likeable and I could relate to a couple of them in some way, especially Matt with his fear of turning thirty! Highly recommended. No cheesey ending either which was a nice change.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it in a day, 17 Sep 2000
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
I only intended to read a couple of chapters and then continue another day when I had less to do, but before I knew it, I had finished the book! I really enjoyed it and even had a tear in my eye at the end. Thank you Mike Gayle for yet another good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always has U On Ur Toes, Wanting To Find What is Going On, 16 Sep 2000
This review is from: Turning Thirty (Flame) (Paperback)
I am writing this due to the fact this book is shear great, it takes me ages to get into a book, but this one had me hooked from the very first moment! I could not put it down cos all i want is to see what is bound to happen to poor matt next!
And with the emails that he shares with his own theory on life, makes this book more enjoyable! I read this book while on holiday at my dads in Norway and it was annoying when we reached a tunnel cos i was icthing to find out what happened next!
anyway enjoy, it is a pity the way it ends but it keeps u guessing!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xab13c624)

Turning Thirty
Turning Thirty by Mike Gayle (Paperback - 1 Feb 2001)
6.45
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available