5.0 out of 5 stars life-altering
Published on 30 Jun 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Conversations with God An Uncommon Dialogue Bk 3
I have read Conversations with God An Uncommon Dialogue books 1 and 2 that were loaned to me by a friend and purchased book 3 in order to complete the series.

I have to say that after reading book 3 I am of the opinion that the author is deluded and playing a game of double bluff. By this I mean that he states in the introductions in all of his books that he...
Published 9 months ago by Steph

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars life-altering, 30 Jun 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue: Bk. 3 (Paperback)
I had bought this book about six years before I actually read it and happened upon it again a few months ago. I believe you only find it when the time is right for you. It had the most profound effect on my life setting me off on a path towards spirituality from which there is no turning back. Once these horizons open in your life you can no longer ignore them and they affect every single thing that you think, say and do. This is because they develop the essence of who and what you are. I have of course recommended the book to many people but I still believe that it will only come to you when you are ready for it. Once that happens it is the most wonderful catalyst for changing your world inside and out and the lives of your family and friens. I am very grateful. I cannot imagine my life without this dimension now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Answered so many of my questions - mesmerising, challenging and thought-provoking!, 31 Dec 2008
Book 1
An amazing book! It was recommended by a friend, and so I thought I would read it to see if it would give me any new insights into the age-old questions about the purpose of life etc. I didn't really know what to expect, but it blew me away! It's a conversation between an ordinary man called Neale Donald Walsch (with a lot of problems in his life) and God (you may not accept that it's 'God' talking, but then that's up to you) and it's written in a very easy to read style. All the big questions are answered: why are we here? Why is there evil in the world? Is there sin? Is there a hell? If so, what is it? Why do things happen as they do? What happens when you die? How can I have successful relationships? Is having a lot of money a bad thing? And inbetween times there's also humour, because we're told that God has a great sense of humour!

So many of my questions were answered in a totally new way (going to church or reading the Bible will not give you answers like this; in fact, many established beliefs are challenged) and not only did they make sense to me, they were also liberating! If you're remotely curious about any of the above questions, then I would encourage you to read this book and decide for yourself whether the answers are for you or not.

Book 2
This book adopts a more global perspective (as opposed to the personal perspective of Book 1). Anyone who thinks we live in a 'civilised' society, should think again after reading this book. In order to be civilised we need to have a society where we can solve conflict without violence, live without fear, act without self-interest and love unconditionally, and we are still far, far from being able to do this after thousands and thousands of years. In addition, we have an education system that teaches facts rather than wisdom and doesn't encourage young people to think for themselves. Having been a teacher for many years, I found this chapter particularly thought-provoking. I duly resolved to try and find more ways to encourage my pupils to think for themselves, but became increasingly frustrated with the lack of time to do this (because of syllabus demands), and really it was the start of me reassessing what I was doing in life and has ultimately led to some life-changing decisions. Perhaps, after reading this book (and the others in the series as well), it will be for you too. If nothing else it will expand your horizons and show you a fascinatingly different way of looking at things.

Book 3
Even before I had finished the previous two books in this series, I had already read the part in this book about highly evolved beings (HEBs) and life on other planets, because it answered a question I had repeatedly asked myself ever since I was a child i.e. was there life on other planets? I had always thought that there must be - the universe is just too huge for us to be the only ones 'out here' - and when this book confirmed that, how could I not read on? Many of these other inhabited planets have highly evolved civilisations and I found the descriptions of these societies absolutely mesmerising! HEBs communicate absolutely truthfully and telepathically (in fact, you can tell how evolved a society is by its dependance or otherwise on words for communication); there is no concept of ownership or loss; they share everything they have; and their children set their own curriculum at school. A key part of these societies is observing fully and acknowledging the truth of their observations, something we don't do. We see what is happening, but then we choose to ignore or deny it, because profits would suffer etc. Although I was fascinated by what I was reading, I was also somewhat discouraged to see just how far we are from realising this kind of society on Earth (compared to the HEBs, I felt like we were ants crawling around on the ground, whilst they soared above us like eagles ). But by the end, the overriding emotion was one of inspiration, because I had been shown the possibility of a different, far more fulfilling existence, where everyone's experience of life can be a fair and joyful one. A totally amazing series of books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever, 26 Jan 2012
Mrs. Tj Beugel "Traveller" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
So glad I purchased this book as part of a trilogy - saw and purchased book 1 which I couldn't put down and just had to get books 2 and 3 as once you have read book one, you just want to know more and more. This book 3 is just unbelievable, the things that you learn from God himself who is actually speaking to the author is mindblowing and if like me, you were searching for answers about life, death and why, then this is the book for you. Read it with an absolute open mind and I promise you, your understanding about everything and everyone will change forever- God speaks in an open and sometimes humerous way which I found to be so refreshing and I thank God every night for making me pick up these books - you won't be disappointed I promise you.Your soul needs to remember and these books do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A hugely rewarding read, 19 May 2010
This book, along with Book 1 and 2 is the most remarkable book that I have ever read. Very compelling, enlightening, easy to read and life changing. I intend to read this book again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unspeakable, 9 Dec 2000
By A Customer
Conversations with God is plural, all 3! Read this and learn...have the courage to believe. This book can answer every question you ever had about anything, because it shows you how.

5.0 out of 5 stars Conversations with God, 19 May 2012
A. W. Sheffield "tony" (london uk) - See all my reviews
This book is wonderful as is the rest of the trilogy.Read it---it will change your life. It gives anew dimension to things we all think about at sometime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 19 Oct 2006
Along with the other books in the CWG series this book is a revelation. I learnt so much & I would recommended it to anyone. A MUST READ!

It contains a new way of thinking that could change your life. It changed mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have ever read., 15 Jan 2008
Amost every page is a breathtaking read.When I started to read it,I couldn't put it down for 7 hours.I have read book 1 and 2 in this series but this is my favourite.
I have been aware that my thoughts and emotions create what you see and experience and also what you see in life is an illusion,but i never thought i'd find a book that agrees with and explains my experiences in life.
The only "negative" about this book is that i may never find a greater book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
all great

5.0 out of 5 stars This the third book, 8 Jun 2014
i have readed the first and second book, about conversations with god....brillant. some very deep interesting read that you cant stop till it finished...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue: Bk. 3
Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue: Bk. 3 by Neale Donald Walsch (Paperback - 15 July 1999)
6.99