Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 June 2011
For any prospective or current radiography student I would consider this a Bible for positioning and technique. Something I really found challenging during my first year was getting to grips with the different projections for each body part. Luckily, this textbook is absolutely brilliant for people who want a structured but still detailed breakdown of exactly what you need to do. Not only this, breathing instructions, exposure factors and equipment are covered which is invaluable if you need a quick refresher - and even more so for revising.

I would be warned though, this is a pretty heavy textbook (Or I need to work on my muscles!) and so it's not that practical for going to and from University if you like your books to hand. Having said that, most students will have access to this within the library and not that many students bring textbooks to lectures - they are mostly for independent study which lectures are really big on.

I relied on this massively during revision and even more so when I couldn't get my head around a certain projection. I loved that there are images to demonstrate what has been written and I was especially grateful to find that there are a couple of charts describing each exposure needed for each body part.

Overall, a specific textbook perfectly suited for student radiographers (Most imaging departments have an edition or two to fall back on too so it's obviously a good one). I recommend this for all radiography students, regardless of your learning styles because it caters for everyone when studying positioning.
on 21 April 2006
Good things:

Clear x ray images (and they are labelled)

Good paediatric chapter

Things to think about:

Everybody said all students should buy it - but when I looked at it I found it included similar information (in the main sections)to the last edition. This means it is quite expensive when the old book would do just as well. For my degree I need more advanced information than this offers, at the price.
on 20 March 2013
Essential reading for any student and will take you into clinical practice. Its a staple and in every department you'll go to.
on 1 March 2016
Full to the brim with information!
on 2 December 2014