Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 March 2011
A must have for anyone who considers himself/herself to not be a shallow person in this life!
Totally love it!

of HAPPINESS?

BY
DARRYL ASHTON
on 5 March 2013
not finished it all but very enjoyable to read and easy to read
nice book for light feel good reading
on 30 May 2014
This book is so good that it's the third time I have bought it. I keep giving it to friends who need it!
on 20 July 2008
I personally found this book very helpful and enjoyed reading it. It is nice to be able to see things from a positive perspective and this book helps you to do that. Although it is probably worth mentioning that none of the wonderful ideas in this book will work without alott of effort and self discipline. It covers attitude and philosophy and does not include any real techniques or methods, but there are other books that do, and i find this book to compliment them well.

If you have a problem with the idea of trying to be a better person and the effort that it involves, then you may not find this book useful.

This book is mostly just words.(no pun intended)
Although if you consider the harm that cruel words can do, then surely kind words can help to ease the pain of others? As long as the words are sincere, then actions will, by definition, follow. I think sometimes it helps just to know that someone cares.
on 17 April 2014
This is a must read for everyone, I can't say anymore than that. I read it cover to cover in a day.
on 7 February 2013
If the HUman applied just a tenth of the principles in this book the world would be a better place.
on 24 February 2010
I almost finised this book now, and it is even better than I expected.
I was allready interested in the Buddhist way of life, and this book is excelent in explaining it. It is not written by the Dalai Lama himself, but by a American psycologist that had many conversations and discussions with the Dalai Lama.
This way the Buddhist way of life is compaired with the western psycology (not too deep), so it is easier for us to understand and translate to our own culture and way of life.

This book doesn't want to turn you into a Buddhist, but it explains the way to become more happy from a Buddhist perspective. Which is very interesting. Specially if you deal a lot with Buddhist people. It will also give you a better understanding of how asian people think.

A great book, and you dont have to be a Buddhist to read it. I recommend it to anyone.
on 29 December 2014
words of wisdom and what should be common sense in the modern world Truly inspirational reading
on 3 December 2013
I really excellent read. I got a lot out of this book even though I'm not religious in any way.