5.0 out of 5 stars Brian Moore, My Voice of Football!, 27 Nov 2002
Kevin Draycott (Chigwell, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Final Score: The Autobiography of the Voice of Football (Hardcover)
I had great difficulty obtaining this book from the high street bookshops. In fact the only place I could find it was Amazon.co.uk.
Brian Moore, for me has always been the master. In the seventies I grew up with him in my life, every Sunday on The Big Match. He is part of the soundtrack of my life and I was pleased to read about his life and to discover that he was as good and nice as he appeared in his TV life. He loved his parents and thought very highly of them. He was happily married for many years until his death. The book also gives the reader some great stories and includes tributes to such people as George Best and Brian Clough.
If you love football, if you grew up during the 70's and 80's then you MUST love Brian Moore and then this book will be for you. Read it and you'll be 'over the moon, Brian'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Summary of a truly great commentator, 9 Mar 2014
P. A. Brandon (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
I grew up with watching Brian Moore on Sunday afternoons presenting the Big Match - well before live matches became the norm.
To be able to read this autobiography was fantastic and gave a great insight into his background, enjoyable moments and fears for the game and little excerpts about his co-commentators.
A great read about one of the best sports commentators of our time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Final Score (Paperback)
A good copy of a 'hard to find' book. Very pleased with all aspects of purchase - Thanks very much

The Final Score: The Autobiography of the Voice of Football
The Final Score: The Autobiography of the Voice of Football by Brian Moore (Hardcover - 7 Oct 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01