4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book for 2-4 year olds
Published on 4 Jan 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not for bedtime IMO
Every week we get a collection of books from our surestart for bedtime stories and my 4yr old little girl loves anything with flaps or peep holes so we picked out Shhh!
Im really kind of regreting it now, i was half way through the book when i realised it might not be great bedtime reading for a very over active mind but needed to finish the story in the hopes that...
Published on 20 Mar 2011 by Martina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book for 2-4 year olds, 4 Jan 2005
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
My 3 year old thinks this one is hilarious - I think the appeal is much more for children than for the adults who read it to them (which is as it should be, I suppose).I think this one might be a good book to buy to help get a reluctant child interested in books. It's basically about a trip through a scary giant's castle and each page is another step towards the giant. There are lots of windows where your child can look back to check they didn't wake the person in the last room, etc and eventually of course, the child reading the book disturbs the sleeping giant and you have to shut the book quickly to escape. It's a very clever idea and great fun for small children.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding book a must for all teachers, 7 Oct 2000
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
this book is a definite must for all teachers who wish to keep children captivated.Keep the children involved in the story and keep their youngs minds i suspense,checking to see if the giant is asleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book for Children, 4 Oct 2005
Karen West (Belvedere \Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
I have worked in a Pre-School for 24 years and this is by far their favourite book. The children sit there quietly and as you read the book they are hooked! "Shh....you must be quite now or the giants wife might here us"
The flaps inside are great....but some need a hand to hold when they see the giants big eye! When you get to the end, the first words spoken are usually "Can you read it again"

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed, 24 Aug 2005
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
My 2-year-old went from scared, to delighted, to completed obsessed, to reciting it from memory in the course of two weeks when we got this from the library. We had to renew the book three times and then buy a copy.
It's cleverly constructed and huge fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best childrens book, really!, 25 Feb 2007
Aida Weber "luvbooks" (Switzerland, born in nz) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
this book has been in our family for at least 10 years, we pass it around as our family grows and it is absolutly loved by all.

i now work in a preschool and every time we have reading time the group pleads me to read it to them- over and over and over again!

its very exciting and scary but the best thing is that at the end when the giant comes after us we can just SHUT THE BOOK!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 July 2006
Maria Petrou (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
My 3 year old borrowed this book from nursery and won't give it back. I've had to buy a copy to replace it. She has 100s of books but finds this one hilarious and reads it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 April 2001
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
This book is wonderful. I have read it four times to my Reception class and they are captivated every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!!!!, 17 Oct 2002
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
This book is a definate must for young children! It captivates their imagination and allows them them particapate in the story. I work in a nursery and the children absolutley love this book.There isn't a day day by when I dont read this book at least five times!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but be a little careful..., 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
This book is a great fun for the right child. I read it to both my 3 year-old and 4 year-old together at bedtime. The 4 year-old loved it and wanted to read it again but the 3 year-old was scared out of his wits and told me to put it away and never get it out again.

It is quite menacing, which is both the fun and the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Shhh! (Paperback)
Brilliant ... has got to be my grandchildrens favourite book...they just love the ending

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Shhh!
Shhh! by Sally Grindley (Paperback - 17 Jun 1999)
6.99