on 1 April 2013
A readable and fascinating bible centred study derived from 2 Corinthians 12:7 where the apostle Paul says that, ...to keep me from becoming conceited...there was given me a thorn in my flesh...'

The scriptural premise of this book is that all believers at some time or other are given a thorn in the flesh. The duration and number of thorns may vary, indeed some may be lifelong, however all, argues Dr Kendall, are part of God's purpose to lead us into greater intimacy with Him.

Although there have been many speculations as to the nature of Paul's 'thorn', no clear answer is given from scripture. The fact that the thorn is not specifically identified, states R.T. Kendall, enables us all to identify with Paul in suffering a thorn in the flesh. Eleven of the twelve chapters, explore a range of possible 'thorns'. 'Loneliness', 'Disability' 'Chronic Illness' and 'An Unhappy Marriage' are just four examples.

Written with compassion and humour, this book , containing scripture references, personal testimony and wise counsel, challenges believers to see God's hand in every aspect of their lives and brings hope and encouragement to those who are suffering.
on 15 October 2012
In 2 Corinthians 12:7 Paul makes the extraordinary admission that he had been given a thorn in the flesh, 'And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations,there was given me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan tolest buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.'Although we can never be sure what the thorn in the flesh was we know from the Bible Paul's history, how he sought to kill christians; him being taught at the feet of Gamaiel, himself a Pharasee and proud of his achievments until he met the Lord Jesus Christ. Then he had a new life and a Christly profession, being used of God and recieving something of the persecution he hoped to inflict on christians. Here he was God's servant being given a thorn in the flesh to prevent him from being conceited (puffed up). Now R.T. Kendall in this book explains what a thorn in the flesh is, why we have it, and what we should understand by it.God did tell Paul tha his grace was sufficient when he had prayed to have this thorn in the flesh taken away. R.T Kendall explains with great compassion coupled with his style of scriptual exposition and teaching mastery, God knows best and relates the whole book to God, you, me,everyone, and himself. This is one of the best books I have ever read outside of The Bible itself. Every Christian should read this book.I hope you know 'The Lord Jesus Christ' personally and live in Christ, there is no other life outside of Christ Jesus. Simpson
on 7 August 2013
This book does give insights into the positive side of our struggles - how situations, circumstances and people that we find difficult to relate to are actually "thorns in our flesh"; they can be a means of our being made better people.
on 19 April 2015
This book has a great anecdote about a bloke who is separated from his old girlfriend. Years later they meet and he sees how she turned out. He fell to his knees and thanked God that he didn't allow him to marry her because she would have ruined him.
on 15 July 2013
Good and excellent product, Highly recommended for others to transact business with,open,authentic and caring person.Kudos, and more grease to your elbow
on 10 July 2015