5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing stuff, 26 Nov. 2002
Leandro (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Calendar of Wisdom: Wise Thoughts for Every Day (Paperback)
In the options there was from 1 to 5 stars so I had to be content with that. My choice would have been 10 stars instead of 5.
I was given this book from a very good friend who is studying philosophy, everyone should read it. It's a must.
This has to be the best selling book of all times, after the Bible.
Such a shame it has been translated into English only five years ago. This book is a bombshell. If you read and absorb the quotations in the spirit whith which they were written, you will be gobsmacked. You will not have had enough to read until the last quotation. I have read it all and I am now starting again to digest it page per page slowly and calmy but as avidly as the first time.
Some quotations, more than others, if applied to your daily life can indeed change your attitude towards your next and can only improve your quality of life.
I am so impressed with this book that I am beginning to translate it into Italian (I am Italian, by the way)and when I have finished with it I shall present it to the publishers for printing and hope that, for the benefit of mankind,
it will be translated into all the other languages on earth, which, unfortunately, I do not know.
Read it and let me know if you don't share my point of view.

5.0 out of 5 stars The answers to Pirsig's inquery into values and quality, 20 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
Tolstoy's own favorite daily reading material. I bought the book in 1997 and have read it 3.5 times and I'm still reading. Tolstoy gathers the wisdom of greatest philosophers, religious leaders, politicians, poets, etc of our time and presents it in a format that can be easily understood by all. Truly his greatest gift.

A Calendar of Wisdom: Wise Thoughts for Every Day
A Calendar of Wisdom: Wise Thoughts for Every Day by Leo Tolstoy (Paperback - 6 Aug. 1998)
Used & New from: £14.15