Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 October 2004
A very enjoyable and thought-provoking book. Not quite a novel and not quite a spiritual guide (almost!), it's all the more of a page-turner for that.
I particularly loved Abbot Peter, the central character, and the twists and turns of his thought processes are fascinating and amusing to read. The ending is also a real tour de force and left me feeling both uplifted and challenged. I'm still pondering on it, and would definitely recommend this book to anyone!
on 4 February 2011
Of all Simon Parke's books, and I've read a great many now, this is still one of my favourites. Intriguing, unusual and very very funny. Just get it and see for yourselves!
on 8 December 2015
Find it hard to get in too.