5.0 out of 5 stars It has changed my life for ever
Published on 30 July 2001 by Alex(staralex@yahoo.com)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unoriginal and uncharitable ...
Published on 3 May 2012 by AnthonyJDBurns

5.0 out of 5 stars It has changed my life for ever, 30 July 2001
This review is from: Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue (Paperback)
I felt really depressed in March 1999 so that didn't want to live any more, but I wasn't alone and I came across the first book of CWG trilogy in April that year. From the very first pages it gave me a reason to stay alive - I wanted to finish the book. After I've read all 3 volumes by about one year later my whole life has changed and now I know what I'm doing here on Earth. This warm feeling of ever-present care of my self that appeared that days doesn't leave me anymore.
The trilogy is very practical and also gives you a lot of mind food. Whoever I see feels depressed and frustrated I recommend this book as the first step to happiness.
My love to all of you ! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Inspirational, 4 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This book really made me take a look at things in a different light. Reading it in public always gets funny looks, but this book really is not a religious book. And I am far from being a religious person. My interest in this work came from my interest in humanity. Whether or not this Walsch has actually ever "spoken" to God in this way or not is by and large irrelevant to me. The suggestions and insights in this book are truly inspiring. Rather than wasting my time thinking whether this or that happened, I read, tried to understand what was being said and if I liked it, I tried to use it in my day to day life. This book is not an attack on any thing, any one or any religion. I think if you truly understand the book, you will agree. However, don't read this book if you are not willing to consider possibilities outside your own beliefs. It will only annoy you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic insightful book, 22 Oct 2001
Mr. R. N. Lock "Ricky Lock" (bexley, kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
When I read C.W.G I thought at last, a book that gives you understanding of yourself and everyone around you and also where we as human beings stand in this physical reality, including the good the bad and the ugly. It also makes sense, not just on the surface like other books, but at a deep level inside your soul. This book changed my life when I read it in many ways, but for me the biggest truth It gave me was how we are all one and connected on a higher level. With that one thought the world would surely be a different and better place. If you want to help yourself and love yourself look no further, if you read this with an open mind and heart, then this book will change your life too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transfixing and transforming, 17 May 2005
communic8or (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was lent this book by a good friend and on starting it I could not put it to one side until I had finished it. I would recommend anyone who chooses or borrows it to make adequate personal time to do the same as the content is simply wonderful but requires concentrated re-reading in parts to grasp some of the ideas presented. I have managed to be areligious for most of my adult life (after a Christian upbringing) and this book has affirmed in me many of my deepest held beliefs in life and of purpose. However, the insight into God's true nature and intentions for his offspring created in me profound and real emotions which are as strong as any I've experienced in the last 20 years. Read these words with an open mind and prepare to be stimulated into concious thought.
Life-affirming. I look forward to reading the next two 'Conversations'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for prisoners of dogma!!!, 22 Jun 2006
Faeden "Faeden" (Cambridgeshire UK) - See all my reviews
I see from other responses that some people of dogmatic belief systems can not see the point to this book, and have refused to see its message. My title is "Not for prisoners of dogma" maybe that's untrue, maybe it is worth reading these books if you find your self trapped by human invented dogmas, as you might just find the keys for your own prison cell within the words of this brilliant book?.

People who have called this book "blasphemy" are those who are victims to what this book calls the opposite to God, (fear).

Fear is terribly crippling, and will cause you to become trapped inside a fear based belief system, invented by equally fearful humans, a perfect example of like attracts like. This book is a way out of that fear based psychological prison that so many people today find them selves in.

Can this book free your soul from fear, and show you the eternal truth of your life? Well the only way to find out is to take a giant leap of faith and read the words within this book, that might change your life forever.

Are you brave enough to accept the glorious truth that we are all Gods children, and therefore at one with God and of the one?.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unoriginal and uncharitable ..., 3 May 2012
A painfully unoriginal self-help / law of attraction book masquerading as a bold new philosophy, though pretty much everything in it has been taken from elsewhere (often out of context). Insights are ripped from such diverse works as "A Course in Miracles", Aleister Crowley ("To do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"), Jean-Jacques Rousseau (much talk about feelings and self-love being the highest truth), William Blake (the Devil seen as an aspirational figure), and Biblical passages, even though the author exhorts the reader at an early stage to place no belief in scriptures. The author's attitude towards religion in general is negative and patronising, which comes across as spectacularly uncharitable of him bearing in mind that so much of his "radical" belief system is just re-packaged scripture crudely spliced with chunks of self-help culture.

"Conversations With God" is, in short, a typical example of New Age mass market syncretism at its most cynical, ripping off the parts of any belief system it believes it can sell, building its own hodgepodge Frankenstein's monster of a belief system out of the choice cuts, and chucking the unwanted remains (such as hard science and ethics) on the bonfire. Such a practice ultimately shows more respect for the author's wallet than for the various belief systems he plunders, never mind for the well-being of his readers.

This snake-oil self-help approach is well summarised at the end of Chapter 3, when the voice of "God" assures the author that there are many paths to enlightenment, but that "Conversations With God" offers the "faster ... shorter ... quicker path." (p. 86) I could not help but be reminded of the reasons why Anakin Skywalker found the Dark Side of the Force a more appealing prospect than the hard slog of working his way up in the Light Side ...

Not that this lazy and vapid book is likely to lead anyone into the ranks of the Sith, but its dubious claims to offer the same and greater benefits as all other belief systems (both secular and religious) without any of the hard work they might entail really are, in its own ironically appropriate words, "too good to be true" (p. 53).

5.0 out of 5 stars healing, 13 July 2007
This book is best read by those who have been hurt by religious dogma. This book is written in a humorous style and challenges the idea that we are separate from 'God' (I use the word in commas so as not to offend scientific sensibilities). Rather than seeing 'God' as either non-existent or as someone we meet after death, the author demonstrates the psychologically sound principle that really a 'conversation with God' is a conversation with oneself. An inner dialogue. Many of the ideas presented in the book are however radical and may be threatening to those who espouse traditional religious and scientific views. However those with an open mind and a sense of humour will find this book both liberating and profound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - but read it 3 times, 21 Nov 2001
By A Customer
If everyone followed the teaching in this book the world would be a wonderful place. It doesn't matter whether Neal Walsch got his wise words directly from god or from another source, the fact is that they help us to understand the purpose of life. For those of us with a huge ego it teaches how futile it is to be that way, for those of us who lack confidence it teaches us to 'go with the flow', 'feel' rather than 'think' your way out of a problem because, that voice you hear when you 'feel', will never let you down. It gives hope and faith for the infinite future.
I cannot wait to read Book 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars This huge source of knowledge changed me, 9 July 2006
I know that I'm not the first person saying this, but here it goes again: This was the most important book I've ever read in my life. It helped me to clear the way I see the Life and It's Meaning. It was a beautiful feeling that I got while I was reading this book. I read all the 3 books of Conversations with God and I really recommend it for everyone who wants to understand the Universe in a different way. Some important things about this book: it isn't to be read as a Bible (feel the information - don't dogmatize the words); this is a book about spirituality, not about religion. This is a huge source of knowledge that really changed me. This book can help you in your Journey, if you want to and if you open your mind and your heart for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book literally changed my life!, 3 Feb 2007
I was a devout Christain for many years, having been raised in a religious community and going to a religious school. However, something about religion never seemed quite "right" to me. The whole "sinner from birth" idea and the teachings that say only Christians will go to heaven, just didn't fit with what I felt I knew in my heart. This book made my heart sing. I found my self shouting "I knew it!" and I know now this was God speaking from inside of me, letting me know what was in my heart could be true for me. I would never say this book is right for everyone, or that all religion is wrong, because that would go against the beautiful realizations I had through this book. I now see a MUCH bigger picture of God than I did before and it's really amazing. I met my husband through a CWG conference all because of this amazing book I moved to England from the U.S. and have truly followed my heart. I have never felt happier or more fullfilled. As soon as you think you know everything, or that religion is the only answer- that is when a part of you dies. Open your mind, give another option a chance. For the Christians that think this book is blasphemy, look into your heart and see if you can imagine a loving God sending millions of people to hell for simply not believeing in a specific book or set of ideas. If you can't imagine that, it's time to read this book. It could literally change your life!

Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue
Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald Walsch (Paperback - 6 Feb 1997)
8.18