Published on 25 Mar 2008 by Mabbers

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable yet rather unbelievable read
Published on 28 Dec 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars A book about love and friendship with a real quirkiness to it., 25 Mar 2008
Mabbers (Bratislava, Slovakia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis Has Left the Building (Paperback)
I just love this author. Her style of writing is beautiful and just sucks you into the world of the characters. The novel is very atmospheric and the characters are quirky and yet you can totally believe that they exist. On a surface level I have little in common with the lead character and yet when I read I totally empathies with her and even all of her friends and this is Kindersley's greatest talent.

This book was a pleasure to read and is as good as her previous novels which I also loved.I found it very hard to put it down. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a book about life and love that manages to be both cynical and optimistic at the same time.

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable yet rather unbelievable read, 28 Dec 2000
By A Customer
Having read and immensly enjoyed 'Don't ask me why' I was excited by a further Kindersley tale. Although I enjoyed the novel I felt rather let down by the ending. When I thought about what was engrossing in the bath or just before bed in the cold light of day I found the fact that someone could stop working for an unspecified (by the author) amount of time rather unbelievable. The central character seemed to spend too much time obsessing about her break up which I feel would have been rather less traumatic had she HAD to meet her rent repayments etc. However as an escapism Kindersley's novels can be thought provoking and always entertaining.

2.0 out of 5 stars on and on and on......enough already, 19 Sep 2000
LaDawn Clare-Panton (Old Windsor, Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Parts of this book were amusing and entertaining. Unfortunately, the majority of the pages were filled with mindless gibbering about nothing by people who don't seem to need to work to be able to live in Mayfair. Get REAL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best yet - fantastic insight challenging reading, 8 Sep 2000
By A Customer
I thoughly enjoyed this book - Tania has show her true colours in this latest epic. At last a book that contains insight, excelent use of the Engligh language & a story line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 28 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Elvis Has Left the Building (Paperback)
I loved this book because it's very funny and poignant. It's about a heartbroken girl coming to terms with her loss and gradually taking her revenge on the bloke. She's a person everyone of us would recognise and relate to by her way of coping with loss.

Elvis Has Left the Building
Elvis Has Left the Building by Tania Kindersley (Paperback - 21 Jun 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01