Format: Paperback|Change

Before I read a Fiona Walker book, I have to psyche myself up. She's a terrific writer, but often her characters (especially her main protagonists) are so over-the-top, so obnoxious that you find yourself gritting your teeth throughout the book. Worse yet, on at least one occasion I've found myself outright hating the "heroine". "Lots of Love" finally gets it right. Oh, sure the full cast of characters is flawed, often annoying, immature, and unpredictable. A few are just unbelievable caricatures. But hey! This is fiction! And this book is terrifically written, fast-paced, engrossing, funny and also very sad. Ellen and Spurs are perfect, but there's enough imperfection written into them to keep the story moving along. At the end, when All Is Revealed, it makes sense - well, makes sense in a Fiona Walker kind of way! Highly entertaining, her best book yet. (And considering how well I love "French Relations" and "Well Groomed", that's saying quite a lot.)
on 22 November 2005
I'm usually not big into soppy love stories which I thought this would be but I was pleasantly surprised. This was a refreshing, innovating book which made me both laugh and cry. It made the rounds with all my friends and I'm about to start reading it for the second time. These books leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
on 17 November 2005
Fiona Walker writes men the way women wish all men could be. From Felix Sylvian to Spurs Belling to Hugo Beauchamp, Walker always hits the mark.
Having relocated her characters to the countryside only heightens the appeal. After reading Lots of Love, I suddenly wished to return to the countryside. A feeling that hasn't left me since.
Never a dull moment, therfore, perfect for long flights. The time will literally 'fly' by.
on 15 December 2005
This book was fantastic, i only picked this book up to beat the boredom and am so glad i did.
This is laugh out loud funny, and has a fantastic plot with loads of different story lines. I read this in 2 days because i could not put it down.
Go out and buy this or borrow it from a friend. I have since been out and bought Kiss Chase, another great read.
on 25 February 2007
I can't help it, I love this book. It is so well written, Fiona Walker keeps her lovers almost apart but gets so close to uniting them time and again that you keep turning the pages waiting for the moment that she does! Spurs is irresistable and Ellen is very easy to identify with. The only thing I had a problem with was the ending. I couldn't help feeling she over did it and it just got cheesy. Shame because the other 99% of the story is excellent.
on 12 July 2005
I am 50 pages away from the end of the book, i really dont want the story to end, i am now looking for a book to fill the void once i'm done reading this.
i see this book got rated 1 star from someone, obviously too square and prudish, maybe it is more for the 20/30 something reader.
on 14 June 2005
It is hardly possible to describe how much I love this book. After the first chapter I was hooked. It is the ultimate romance, but its not corny or unbelievable and it has plenty of comedy to keep it light. The characters are vivid and you really feel as though you know them. Spurs is incredible, the ultimate bad boy turned hero, and it makes you just wish he was real. I can't put it down and spend the whole time wanting to read more but hoping it doesn't end because its just so good.
An absolute must read - is now my favourite book!
on 29 June 2004
This book was the best light reading I have done in ages. It made me laugh out loud right from the start and then you are taken on a journey of emotions as you introduced to a range of characters in this small village, all of which are skillfully interwoven. The pace of the book keeps you right there with it at all times, and I had real difficulty putting it down.
Would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good book to go on holiday with.
on 10 August 2003
This is a great book! Loads of sharp & witty one-liners that had me smiling. If you like Jilly Cooper, then you'll love this book! A modern day romance set around a stranger in a sleepy village, with some nice twists at the end! A nicely paced plot that didn't give me time to get bored. This book had me hooked from start to finish. This is my first Fiona Walker book & I liked it so much that I bought all her other titles! If I had one grumble, it is that the size of the paperback book makes it too big to go on my bookshelf - it should have been printed in a smaller format. Other than that - well done Ms Walker - more please!!
on 12 July 2004
I adored this book. It makes me want to move to the country in the hope of meeting a Spurs-a-like. Such a bad boy yet so romantic. His gestures such as writing messages in the straw field are gorgeous. Ellen is a refreshing heroine, someone who is a tomboy and not bothered by all the usually body hang-ups and stuff.
Read this and prepare to be adicted to Fiona Walker. I am, i bought the rest of her books and am now slowly reading my way through them!!