4.0 out of 5 stars I Like Leather
Published on 16 Nov 1999 by stewmarsden@hotmail.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Short - Not his best work
A big fan of Stephen Leather especially his Dan ' Spider' Shepered novels (Soft Target,Cold Kill, Dead Men etc)

Pay Off is one of his very early offerings. The book had a good story line but felt very rushed and ended far to quickly. The author does get you hooked very quickly but the story lacks depth.
Published on 26 April 2011 by sab2008

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like Leather, 16 Nov 1999
This review is from: Pay Off (Stephen Leather Thrillers) (Paperback)
Because I didn't think any of Mr Leather's books would be as good as The Chinaman I was quite prepared to be a little let down with this one. I pleasantly found this not to be the case at all. As a revenge plot goes this is one of the best and most imaginative I have read.It involves many diverse characters, the IRA,London gangsters and beautiful women. Somehow they all come together in a manner that works very well and is very entertaining. An excellent holiday book for when you don't want to have to work too hard to keep up but at the same time require a little stimulus. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 19 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Pay Off (Stephen Leather Thrillers) (Paperback)
Having not heard of Mr Leather I didn't know what to expect. After I had read the first chapter i couldn't put the book down and read it in two days. The plot and characters are outstanding. A very enjoyable read and I look forward to reading his other works.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Highly Readable Tale Of Revenge, 10 Jan 2007
Scottish Dave (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Pay Off (Stephen Leather Thrillers) (Paperback)
I am completely new to Stephen Leather and I read this novel in one sitting. It's a fairly easy 240 page read and once you get past the first few pages it has you hooked. It's a tale of revenge set in London and across Scotland. The book is split into two parts - the first being the setting up of the plot for revenge and the second being the aftermath one the plot had been executed. With strong characters and a gripping storyline I'll be looking out for more of his novels.

8/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephen leather awesome!, 4 April 2013
Elizabeth A. Sheehan (uk) - See all my reviews
His thrillers are gripping from the word go and very relevant today in todays society, always thought provoking ,can't get enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thriller of a book, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pay Off (Stephen Leather Thrillers) (Paperback)
Great plot, great story, hard to put down.Will look out for other books by this author to read very soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephen, 4 May 2014
Laird John (Berkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As riveting as the first time I read it, years ago, excellent story line holds your attention. One of the best authors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pay off, 1 April 2014
Not one of Stephen Leathers best books, I found the plot rambling and difficult to follow at times. It improved towards the end but I found the ending a let down!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Nov 2013
Yet another great Stephen Leather book, I really enjoy the writing style and the fact that his books are well researched.

5.0 out of 5 stars usual brilliance from the Leatherman, 13 Sep 2013
M. D. Barker "ronbookman" (leeds, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pay Off (Stephen Leather Thrillers) (Paperback)
Read this in two days it's that good . Don't read the back story before you jump in and get involved with the plot. I haven't read a Stephen Leather book I haven't enjoyed yet. Read this, if you like a straightforward thriller this is just the job.

Pay Off (Stephen Leather Thrillers)
Pay Off (Stephen Leather Thrillers) by Stephen Leather (Paperback - 1 May 1997)
8.99