5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Excellent and fun read!
Published on 1 Oct 2001 by kerry_k46@hotmail.com

3.0 out of 5 stars The style is hilarious but the story is disappointing
I love this author's modern, witty style and in this respect this book is as good as its predecessors. But the idea of continuing a story which had originally ended with a neat happy ending of two people getting together didn't quite work, in my opinion. Also, it would be difficult to follow if you hadn't read "French Relations". A bit of a let-down, but...
Published on 10 April 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Excellent and fun read!, 1 Oct 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
I bought this book along with Snap Happy and French Realtions seeing as it was its sequel, and I am glad I did! Brilliant and witty, I was sucked in from the very beginning. Although most enjoyable when read after reading French Relations, it is one of the most entertaining books I've read in ages. The return of Hugo was amazing, he has a very Mr. Darcy quality about him, but with more shows of vulnerability. Tash was a funny heroine, very easy to sympathise with. I found myself laughing out loud whilst reading it, to which i got some very odd looks. Excellent read, very well written, and one of my favourite books by Ms. Walker. If only i had a Hugo! Keep them coming Fiona!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 29 Oct 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
I am now reading this book for the 4th time and i still can't put it down. Fiona Walker is a brill author (i have read all her books) but well groomed i would say is the best. the hugo/niall/tash triangle is one that i can read and read again a fantastic escapist read.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 25 Oct 2005
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
I read this book having read french relations and I have to say that I was gripped from the first page! Very funny at times with a fantastic romance underneath. I only wish that there was a Hugo out there for everyone...
Please please please can we have another book with the old characters in, the latest books havent been half as much fun to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!, 26 Oct 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
This is without doubt the best book i have ever read!
It made me want to move to the country!!!!
Tash French is the best heroine, she is such a loveable character! At first i loathed Hugo, but then fell in love with him too!
I read Well Groomed first then French Relations, i'm about to start Kiss Chase and can't wait, although i'm sure it won't compare to Well Groomed!

5.0 out of 5 stars witty one-liners, plenty of gossip and lots of desperate rom, 7 Oct 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
I just love all of Fiona Walker's books; this is by far the best! Every woman loves a bounder, and Hugo is certainy that. Who would have thought that name like Hugo could sound so dashing and romantic?
Makes you want to take up eventing in the hope that you could meet him! I always read this book to put me in a good mood- and it never fails to work!
Would love to see more of the characters in another sequel. Can't wait for more books of such a high standard.
By the way, Fiona Walker is much wittier and observant of human nature than Jilly Cooper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 23 May 2006
S. Hamilton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
I loved this book, its definately one of her best (some of the later ones are not as great but it must be hard to live up to this high standard!),its one of the few books I bother to read again and again, and the characters and the ending still makes me smile!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite EVER read, 15 Aug 2003
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
For some reason this is the book for me!
I liked everything about it, and have read it many many times (it has even survived a dunk in the bath!)
Hugo - what can I say? Daft name, a very attractive man, although he reminds me alot of Rupert Campbell-Black.
Tash is normal - good days and bad days, yet, he's hot to trot whatever!
A good, silly, fun and frolicksome read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stayed up until 4:30 a.m. to finish it!, 10 July 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
This was my 3rd Fiona Walker book. I find myself paying huge overseas shipping costs to get her books because they make me laugh and keep turning the pages more than authors I have read from the States. Although this book was predictable at times (as readers we just know it all!) I still thought the character development was top notch. The loose ends were tied up from the first novel and the characters stayed true to their personalities. Hugo was a perfect jerk, Tash was an oblivious mess, and Niall was lost as ever. It's nice to have a heroine who isn't so perfect! .. Loved it and hope she keeps on writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 31 May 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
This is the perfect opportunity to let everyone know I love Fiona Walker's novels: have you ever read a novel that has a party in it that lasts over a 100 pages? Fiona does in in French Relations, and all the time you wish you could be there and enjoy the fun. I read her 5 novels numerous times and can't get enough of her warm and very likable characters. I have saved Lucy Talk for my next holiday and have major trouble keeping my hands of it until then. Fiona comes highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect romantic comedy!, 23 April 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
This book was the perfect romantic comedy. The peripheral characters were as charming, as the romantic leads. I had become interested in the comic affairs and affairs of heart of the French family in the previous book, French Relations. However, this book surpassed that one for pure romance, the growth of the characters, and the untangling of loose ends. I became so engrossed in the lives of the characters that I wished I could have attended Hugo and Tash's wedding! Although I have read that the author is planning another sequel I fear the result. If Hugo and Tash were to have major problems of the heart, it would be like learning that Mr. Darcy and Lizzie Bennett did not live happily ever after. Well Groomed was a believable and delightful conclusion to the Tash/Hugo story.

Well Groomed
Well Groomed by Fiona Walker (Paperback - 22 Jun 1997)