on 4 April 2010
I am delighted with this grammar. It is very well presented and extremely helpful to use. Each section deals with specific grammatical elements. For example there are separate sections on nouns, adjectives, pronouns, adverbs, etc. as well as all the various tenses and forms of the verbs. Each section contains useful review exercises which help to consolidate learning. I would recommend this grammar to anyone who wants to learn Italian in a serious way.
on 18 September 2001
Too many Grammars try to make things easy by giving a few lines of explanation so that it looks easy ! In fact the reader is left with imperfect understanding. This book takes the trouble to explain carefully then follows up with examples of how to use the topic. This is followed with test phrases and passages for the reader to do on his / her own. Avoids being "heavy " and by clarity of language demystifies the whole process of sentence structure and phrase building. Difficult to overpraise
on 27 July 2009
I have just started learning italian and this book seems to have everything i need to learn to read, write & italian. there are exercises to do as well.
on 8 May 2001
This book is perfect - because you will be able to use it on day one of your first steps into Italian, and you will still find it useful six months later. No stone is left unturned!
on 25 December 2014
Book arrived in good time, and is as described. ( I bought it as a friend and fellow student recommended it). Its a textbook that will take you up to 'A' level standard in Italian grammar. I've got a long way to go, but so far so good - plenty of exercises to practice the materiel.
on 1 November 2012
Having workrd gradually through " Italian- A self teaching Guide"
I have found "Azione Grammatica" a natural extension to Grammar. The examples are clear with exercises to complete. These have shown me what I need to revise and reinforced sentence structure.
As there are answers at the back of the book, I am able to keep track of my progress, although a good tutor is invaluable. I use this book in conjunction with Italian conversation classes,held once a week.
on 15 June 2013
This was highly helpful for me when I was doing my Italian A levels, it easy to follow and gives good examples on italian grammar.
on 20 January 2015
It's just what I wanted, and in excellent condition given that it's been used before. Interesting that it came from America.