5.0 out of 5 stars Great, magical a spellbinding novel!
I fell in love with the setting right from the start especially the big house Nancherrow along with all the characters. A brilliant read. I read it at the age of 11 and now at the ripe old age of 14 I still regard it as one of the best novels ever.
Published on 16 April 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Audio CD Bitterly Disappointed
Coming Home is by far my favourite and well thumbed novel. The descriptive mise-en-scene is full of rich texture entwining the lives of the central characters. HOWEVER if you buy this novel in an AUDIO CD format, I am afraid you will be very disappointed. It is very abridged to the point that it looses its charm and is reduced to the bare essentials. Music is played over...
Published on 13 Nov 2009 by dafadowndilly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, magical a spellbinding novel!, 16 April 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully comforting book, 15 Jan 2008
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
"Coming home" is one of my desert island books. Like other reviewers here, I have read and re-read this book many times. Rosamund Pilcher is a genius at painting a detailed picture in print. Her characters are compelling and human, despite some of them moving in circles fairly foreign to the average woman of today. I love her attention to detail and the complex cast of characters that she involves. She is also a master of descriptive scenery - without ever become too verbose! I recommend this title wholeheartedly to anyone who loves a warm, moving and delightful story. It's a great book to drag out and read for the umpteenth time when you are feeling a little unwell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the best book i've ever read., 19 April 2000
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
This is definately the longest book I've ever read but I managed to read it in three days as I was instantly caught up in the storyline. I'd seen the adaptation on TV a couple of times and decided as I had two weeks Easter holidays I would get round to reading the book. I only finished it a few hours ago and am now feeling at a loss, as over the past three days I have been solely involved in Judith's and the rest of the characters'story. After reading the book I now realise that the TV version does it little justice. It was a compelling tale and I shall probably read it again before the year's out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!!, 5 Jan 2000
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
This book is easily one of the best books I've ever read!I was completely drawn into the book and couldn't put it down. It is realistic and full of life-like description and characters. It would be impossible not to fall in love with this book. It was the first Rosamunde Pilcher book I have ever read and has turned me into a fan for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars read it- immediately, 24 April 2007
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
This is my ultimate favourite book, it is one that i always return to although i have read and re-read this book time and time again the story never becomes tiring.

The ideallic settings of sleepy cornwall are so perfectly described and the era captured so brilliantly it is almost as though you really are there, the characters are lovingly constructed and you really get a sense of being there, the relationships are believable and yet still dreamy and fairy-tale enough that you can get lost in the story.

The carey-lewis' family is exactly the family everybody longs to have, they have the typical stiff upper lip at times and still the fanciful optimistic values that warm the heart.

Nothing can express how good this book is but reading it for yourself, it is excellent value for money i have read it at least 50 times.

The ITV drama serial that can now be found on DVD is excellent, joanna lumley as diana is perfect, as is love-day carey-lewis the lovable tearaway. The Tv follow up Nancherrow is equally encapturing...watch them both-immediately!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Cornwall, 22 Mar 2009
Mr. S. J. Seccombe "My Comments" (Exeter, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
This book is like an old friend. I go back to it time and time again. As a very fast reader, it's such a pleasure for me to settle down to re-reading this lengthy but so enjoyable novel. I am a Cornishman and I so enjoy Rosamunde Pilcher's accurate capturing of the Cornish scene and the way natives of the county talk. But whether you are Cornish or not, you are likely to love reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars "A Great Featherbed of A Novel!", 12 Feb 2004
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
Having seen the TV serialisation, I thought I'd give the book a try - and I'm glad I did. It grips you from the start, evoking the atmosphere in the build up to WW2 better than any other book I've read, and it keeps you engrossed through Judith's coming of age. Whenever I re-read it I can't put it down - it's like sinking into another era. I return to it often: a guilty pleasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant, Gripping And Astute!, 5 Jun 2000
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
I've read many novels by Rosamunde Pilcher but this will always be my favourite. The story is about young Judith Dunbar who goes to spend the holidays with her friend Loveday in their Cornwall estate. This book is simply marvellous and despite the fact that it's a 1016 pages I devoured this book in four days. A book which I recommend to you as I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic! An enthralling read!!, 21 May 2001
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
What can I say about this book. It was so good that I could not put it down until I had it read from cover to cover. I saw the film on TV and it was good but it was nowhere near as brilliant as the book. It makes you cry, it makes you laugh but you cannot get away from the fact that it really touches you. The glamourous lifestyle at Nancherrow, Judith's growing up in all the different houses and at school too. Every single bit of this book was a good read and I have already reread it several times since buying it a few months ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coming Home, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Coming Home (Kindle Edition)
Coming Home,
This is my second time I have read this book. Got to admit I have enjoyed it more 2nd time round. I couldn't put it down.

Coming Home
Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher (Paperback - 4 April 1996)
7.29