4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly cheeky novel that contradicts its ponsy cover, 2 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Children of Chance (Paperback)
I picked this book up in an airport bookshop and at first wasn't encouraged by the "pretty girly" cover. It difinitely does the author a disservice and I would recommend a brighter or more modern style cover to attract a younger audience. However, my plane was running late and rather than putting it back on the shelf, I glanced inside and liked the style of writing. The characters are witty, frank and politely unconventional. You become involved in the little twists and turns of their lives and I got quite a few laughs at the scrapes some of the characters got themselves into. An interesting fictional look into the world of classical musicians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mountjoys, 18 Oct 2013
I have returned to this series around the Mountjoy family. All the characters are larger than life, but amusingly so.. This is about the third time I have read this and loved it everytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Children of Chance, 26 Jun 2013
I have read this series 3 times over the years and never fail to enjoy it. The characters are complex enough to be interesting, and the plots are quirky. It stands on its own - I can't think of anything else like it.

Children of Chance
Children of Chance by Elizabeth Pewsey (Paperback - 19 Jan 1995)
Used & New from: 0.01