on 13 December 2011
I bought this to go along with my history course at uni and it has helped significantly. It arrived very promptly and in good condition considering it was second hand. Overall very pleased with my purchase.
on 3 May 2013
This book was perhaps the best purchase I made during my History degree. It has a first class bibliography and further reading section. Each chapter is an excellent overview and I recommend this book to anyone new to nineteenth century social history. It is clearly written and I still enjoy dipping into it nearly twenty years later!
on 5 December 2014
Served me well throughout my degree. Very informative about British social history.
on 2 August 2015
An excellent book written in a very readable style.
on 14 November 2014
In very good condition. An extremely useful book.
on 31 March 2001
I bought this book because it was recommended by my college. However, it is very detailed and not easy to read. It gives many facts and figures but I often find myself looking for other books to help me understand aspects of history. I would not recommend this book.