4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I bought this to go along with my history course at uni and it has helped significantly. It arrived very promptly and in good condition considering it was second hand. Overall very pleased with my purchase.
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by silva_saz

2.0 out of 5 stars Very lengthy and in-depth book on modern British history
I bought this book because it was recommended by my college. However, it is very detailed and not easy to read. It gives many facts and figures but I often find myself looking for other books to help me understand aspects of history. I would not recommend this book.
Published on 31 Mar 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: Modern Britain: A Social History, 1750-1997: 18 (Hodder Arnold Publication) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent overview, 3 May 2013
This book was perhaps the best purchase I made during my History degree. It has a first class bibliography and further reading section. Each chapter is an excellent overview and I recommend this book to anyone new to nineteenth century social history. It is clearly written and I still enjoy dipping into it nearly twenty years later!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Dec 2014
Served me well throughout my degree. Very informative about British social history.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Nov 2014
In very good condition. An extremely useful book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very lengthy and in-depth book on modern British history, 31 Mar 2001
By A Customer

Modern Britain: A Social History, 1750-1997: 18 (Hodder Arnold Publication)
Used & New from: £2.78