5.0 out of 5 stars To cut or not to cut, 22 Jun 2009
Redheaded reader (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is both the most detailed and the easiest pruning advice to follow which is an unusual combination. The diagrams are simple and clear with the different parts and when to cut which bits printed in different colours. It also tells you how to identify which plant needs which pruning technique, which season/growth state not to cut, which plants/age pruning is not necessary at all, and there is also specific advice about pruning certain new, young plants. Even a gardening novice can get it right with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gardening "Which" Guide to Successful Pruning, 3 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Gardening "Which?" Guide to Successful Pruning ("Which?" Consumer Guides) (Hardcover)
I have my own copy of this book, purchased because I could not find a book which taught me how to prune everything in the garden, easily. This copy was the 3rd one I have bought for a friend who gardens because they complained of the same thing. The book is in alphabeticl order, by plant, so you need to know your Latin names, but there are pix as well to help you. It is clear, concise, explains why you prune in such a way and is accessible. The only pruning book I have ever had to have and, sadly, quite difficult to find now.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy purchaser and delighted friends, 29 Jun 2014
I purchased this book when it was first published. Friends of mine wanted to know about pruning but this book is out of print. I purchased two secondhand copies which were in perfect condition. I consider this book one of the best books to describe how to prune. I was very pleased with my purchase and my friends are delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordering secondhand book, 24 Oct 2011
Very good and efficient service. Book arrived promptly, well wrapped and in very good condition. I would use Amazon again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Nov 2014
Both copies of book in fantastic condition highly recommend

The Gardening "Which?" Guide to Successful Pruning ("Which?" Consumer Guides)
Used & New from: £0.01