5.0 out of 5 stars Another super story from Mick Inkpen...., 7 Feb 2008
This review is from: Kipper (Paperback)
...and one of my personal favourites, about the lovable character, 'Kipper'.

In this story we find Kipper in the mood for a clearout and he discards a few odds and ends from his basket.
However, despite giving it his best shot he finds it very difficult to get a comfortable night, and familiarity overrules in the long run!

From the back cover:
'Kipper's basket is old and worn. His blanket is smelly and disgusting. But can Kipper find a better place to sleep?'

Attractive and durable covers open to 32 high quality shiny pages, packed full of exciting, descriptive text & endearing illustrations, in 2-page spread format.

Example of text:

'Kipper was in the mood for tidying his basket.
'You are falling apart!' he said to his rabbit.
'You are chewed and you are soggy!' he said to his ball and his bone.
'And you are DISGUSTING!' he said to his smelly old blanket.
Out they went.
'That's better!' said Kipper.
But it was not better.
Now his basket was uncomfortable.
He twisted and he turned.
He wriggled and he wriggled.
But it was no good.
He could not get comfortable.
'Silly basket!' said Kipper.....
..and went outside......'

And off Kipper goes to see how other characters manage to get a cosy night, and tries to copy them.....without much success. But....all is well that ends well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the perfect bedtime story, 1 Feb 2009
R. Hunter "viewfromthehill" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipper (Paperback)
My 18 month old daughter and I love this story and neither of us ever gets tired of it. The illustrations are gorgeous, the story is perfectly paced and the words gently encourage you to act out parts of the story together. There's wriggling and tickling and wobbly standing on one leg to make her giggle, a big splash and an even bigger surprise ... and the story winds down with Kipper falling asleep in just the right place, surrounded by all his familiar friends. I think Mick Inkpen is a genius.
PS. I wouldn't buy this edition though, when for another £2 you can buy the entire Kipper Story Collection and get 3 great extra stories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 13 Jun 2014
Jasmine (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipper (Hardcover)
I needed this book for a Reception RE lessons on special places and couldn't believe out of all the Mick Inkpen books we have in the house we didn't have this one and nor did we have it in school! Found it on Amazon and the book was dispatched quickly and was just as described.
It's a really sweet story following along the lines of Kipper looking for a different special place but by the end of the story deciding his basket was the place to be!

5.0 out of 5 stars A children's classic, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kipper (Paperback)
My son's favorite book as a baby. Beautiful illustrations on white background of favorite animals keep little ones enthralled and the 'Shhhh' at the end had him giggling. Story is the perfect length to keep attention and I don't get bored of reading it either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth a Read!, 11 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Kipper (Paperback)
All of my children have loved this book, I did too! Classic humour from Mick Inkpen - we adore all of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it., 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kipper (Paperback)
My daughter is a big kipper fan and loves reading the books. Lovely story and she sits through the whole story cuddling her kipper toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 6 Aug 2014
brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 23 Dec 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Kipper (Paperback)
I love Kipper. I laughed and I cried. Of course I got help with the big words (I'm blonde - give me a break!). Kipper is sooooooooooooooooo cute! I like Tiger and Pig and Arnold as well! My friend Nick and I read it together all the time. He worships Boy George a lot. He also LOVES Mr Blobby. Hehe!

Kipper
Kipper by Mick Inkpen (Paperback - 30 April 1992)
Used & New from: £0.01