4.0 out of 5 stars Snowy surprise, 16 Jan 2008
The seventeenth adventure for the Famous Five is surprisingly good, at least in my opinion. I say surprising because the last couple have been poor and I thought that the series was just falling and falling but this book just shot right up. It was as cool as the mountains the five skied on. This book is set in a snowy part of Wales and here you meet Aily while they stay in an old house on a hill. This book is probably the best by far. It is a lot better - a lot lot better!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 Feb 2014
Always loved Enid Blyton. Simple, easy read with great old fashioned story. Great for children of all ages. Highly recommened

4.0 out of 5 stars Book, 30 Nov 2013
I purchased for the wife as I bought her a Kindle a couple of Christmas and she likes to read a lot. She prefers the ones that are free to Kindle though. Will be purchasing as and when.

4.0 out of 5 stars My idea of a classic, 16 Oct 2013
Bianca White "bianc93" (Gosport, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Once I purchased a Kindle, I had to buy an Enid Blyton book; I couldn't stop myself. Reading Famous Five number 17 took me back to a wonderful place where childhood innocence and adventures ruled the day. How sad that I would find myself focusing on the character of Morgan, the big brawny Welsh farmer when I read this book as an adult. I never noticed him as a 10 year old. How sad it is to be an adult with our one-track minds.
But it's a delightful tale with only the tiniest of amendments for the modern age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top buy as expected, 17 April 2013
Great for my two grandsons aged 8 to read himself and aged 6 to be read to. Very good value

4.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 15 Mar 2013
Greatly appreciated by my grand childern - and me! I am going to be buying all the Enid Blyton books, I can see that coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enid Blyton stories, 16 Feb 2013
Just wonderful stories, adventure and good reading, fires the imagination, as they go off on their own and do all the things that youngsters love to do, without any worries. You can almost taste those sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 10 Dec 2012
very good pleased ( i will not write words that I do not want to write even to make it 17 words)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I remember it, 3 Dec 2012
I bought this book for my daughter as I loved it when I was a child. I am happy to say it is just as I remember it and she loves it as much as I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars reliving my childhood, 8 Nov 2012
I buy Famous Five books for my granddaughters and myself to read when I see them and they love reading the stories and it takes me back to my childhood when I used to read the Famous Five books (wish I'd kept them now)when my friends and I would go off for the day on our bikes with a sandwich and a bottle of squash and have adventures, when the world seemed so much nicer and gentle a place to live, where we used to make our own entertainment just like the famouse five and not to just think it a right to have everything we desired. I think Famous Five books appeal to children today because there is not the opportunity for most children to have simple and innocent adventures like Julian and co in real life anymore. Childhood is so much more organised and supervised nowadays.

Five Get into a Fix (Knight Books)
Five Get into a Fix (Knight Books) by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 2 Feb 1995)
Used & New from: 0.01