on 9 May 2011
This an excellent book for anyone looking into how the establishment of this country will close ranks to protect their own at any cost.This book is an important insight to a segment of British history in the late fifties and the early sixties.
The names of influential people who crop up with a dark history to hide is quite revealing. Even today these same people have the money and the influences to hide away from the people who probably believe they are upstanding citizens. After reading this book you will discover they are far from that.
A book that should be read in schools as part of an understanding of British history.
on 19 June 2014
I have always enjoyed Mr Summers books.

His research is usually very precise and well referenced, as is the case here.

Some of the content is becoming quite dated, and as this book is now 30 odd years old there are now more 'startling revelations' but nonetheless Mr Summers and Mr Dorrill hit the mark with this tantalizing peek into MI5, the Establishment and Government during the early 1960's.

Interestingly, my mother shared the same school as Keeler, they were even in the same year.

She always maintained Keeler was a slut, and I have no reason to disbelieve her now as I did then.
on 15 June 2011
This book is very well written. It is fascinating and I just couldn't put it down! I was lost when I had finished it. It is full of interesting facts which I had not known about Stephen Ward, and it transports you back in time to those days that you had not been of an age to experience. I would recommend this book to anybody who is interested in learning more about Stephen Ward and the unjust way he was treated.
on 26 April 2013
A good read for anyone interested in the politics of the 1960`s . Although a little ` stodgy` in places , it gives a good background to the Profumo Scandal .
on 9 November 2015
A great book by Anthony summers.

Well researched, sometimes a little soucy,
but never boring.
on 18 April 2015
Have read this twice over the last 10 years, has anything changed in politics today?
on 11 February 2016
I found this book interesting but maybe not quite as good as others I have read.
on 19 December 2015
excellent
on 16 January 2015
GOOD READ
on 2 January 2012
Excellent quick service in providing this book. I am collecting material on the Profumo case so was pleased to acquire this volume.