5.0 out of 5 stars good quality for brilliant price
cant say anything else-perfect book for perfect price! I am learning now norvegian with this grammar book, and not dissapointed at all!
Published on 9 Mar. 2013 by Tera Balkeviciute

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit confusing
Published on 19 Jan. 2013 by Nika

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality for brilliant price, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: TY Norwegian (Teach Yourself) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit confusing, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: TY Norwegian (Teach Yourself) (Paperback)
The book I received differs from the photograph of the product (a completely different cover). The advertised book states it's a course for beginners and students while my copy features the title "a complete course for beginners". I've kept it because the names of the authors are the same, and I am hoping it's just a revised copy. The condition of the book was acceptable, used, with some mild damage to the spine and the front of the cover and some some hand-written notes inside (in German, out of all languages, which was quite amusing). I think the sellers are reliable and I'll have no problems with ordering from them again but they should make a bit of effort to post the actual picture of the product to save customers the pain of trying to establish if they got the right or the wrong book.

As to the book itself, visually it is rather challenging: page after page of solid text and not much space inbetween, which make's it difficult to quickly find what you're looking for. It is also overflown with grammar which is a very archaic way of teaching foreign languages so don't count on learning useful phrases first. There's a lot of gramatical excercises and there are solutions provided at the back of the book, so you can check your answers, which is nice.

I have an added bonus of sharing a falt with a Norwegian, so I have someone to pronounce things for me properly and clarify any issues but I wouldn't say it's a good book for an absolute beginner. I'd advise anyone to start with the "Complete Norwegian", a brand new release by TeachYourself (having the advantage of added audio CDs) and only supplement your studies with this old version. The fact that TeachYourself have revised their own approach and started teaching Norwegian in a completely different format does indicate there must have been good reasons for it.

TY Norwegian (Teach Yourself)
TY Norwegian (Teach Yourself) by Sommerfelt (Paperback - 2 April 1992)
Used & New from: £0.01