4.0 out of 5 stars a must-have for any MSc student
This book provides a comprehensive overview of how you should think about approaching your dissertation, including suggested structure and useful tips on what to do (and what not to do!). I'm an MSc student on the final stage of the course where the scary bit is actually writing the dissertation and this has provided me with a guide, and confidence boost in what I am...
Published on 20 Jun 2011 by L. Wing

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st half is fine, 2nd Half is worst
The book is just fine because it only covers one area of research method in greater detail and just explain (for the sake of explanation) other methods, for example, it has discussed a case study and qualitative analysis example in greater detail. My question is what about other methods like quantitative analysis? Or students who want to focus conduct research based on...
Published 16 months ago by Ali

5.0 out of 5 stars This book got me my distinction!, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Succeeding with Your Master's Dissertation: A Step-by-Step Handbook (Paperback)
I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone undergoing a master's dissertation. Although the examples are on a different subject to what I was studying, I still found this book a life saver. It tells you exactly what must go into each chapter, and how to make your writing sound more sophisticated. It surprised me how much information was even required just for the introduction and I believe the extra help this book provided enabled me to gain distinction grade for my master's dissertation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Succeding with your Master's Dissertation, 6 Nov 2011
A must have for all M.Sc students! A well written, easy to read book which takes you through all of the relevant and essential steps in constructing and writing your dissertation. Best money I have spent in some time! Thanks Mr B! As one reviewer did mention, some of the material does state the obvious, BUT it certainly does focus one's thinking, and, having taught FE students, obviously not at masters level, it is scary their misuse of 'it's' and 'its'!! My second Masters degree, and there are lots that I have gained from this book. Only hope my Supervisor hasn't read it; will recommend it when I've finished!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a buy, 20 Jun 2014
Amazing book, well worth buying!!!
As a post grad who left HE a long time ago this book has been a god send

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 May 2014
E. C. Dimelor - See all my reviews
Perfect direction as I was at a loss with regard to starting my dissertation, simple speak (which was ideal for me) would certainly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book to buy, 19 April 2014
It's such a great help for me! Easy to understand ! A bible for MA students. U won't regret buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me, 26 Feb 2014
Fantastic book full of extremely useful things, really easy to read yet very detailed, love the collection of useful verbs! It's my dissertation bible!

5.0 out of 5 stars great service!, 21 Feb 2014
Thank you!! The book came like promised. It was in good condition and no complaints. I didn't not finish reading the book yet but hopefully it is helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 9 Feb 2014
Lee (IPSWICH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The dissertation in a Masters degree is always scarey. I have produced my proposal and this book is very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, 15 Dec 2013
Bought this for a friend because, even though I finished my masters over a year ago, I'm not parting with mine. My supervisor was rubbish. This book got me my first...

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, 18 Nov 2013
Mr. A. Q. Kopp (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great book, which explains in clear unfussy and accessible language how to plan and execute the research and produce a Master's level dissertation

Succeeding with Your Master's Dissertation: A Step-by-Step Handbook